thirteen.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

y/n - your name
w/n - weapon's name
c/n - courtesy name

❤︎

"OPEN THE GATE!!"

at the sound of the announcer's voice, the luminescent blue barrier lifted open. lan y/n plucked the string of his bow, making sure that his equipment was working fine before the competition began. "just so we're clear, i get to kill however many spirits i want?" lan y/n asked, turning towards his oldest brother, lan xichen, who was also preparing for the competition.

"yes." the older chuckled. "also, try to keep the mischief-making to a minimum." he said, playfully tapping his younger brother's nose. "all right, all right." lan y/n laughed, swatting his brother's hand away.

"there are a total of one thousand evil spirits as targets, among which, one hundred are particularly fierce. whoever shoots the most targets will be the winner." jin zixuan listened attentively to the announcer's instructions before his eyes barely caught the sight of lan y/n waving his hand towards him.

when he looked over, the lan stuck his tongue out, making a funny face. jin zixuan's eyebrow twitched as he held in a laugh. he quickly glared at the younger, which only made him chuckle lightly. jin zixuan rolls his eyes and crosses his arms above his chest. "if you miss a shot, black fireworks will rise and that will be your cue to leave the fields." the flagbearers began leaving their position, one by one.

"enter-!"

at the sound of the instructor's word, the youngest son of wen ruohan suddenly spoke up. "hold on! you there!" he exclaimed, pointing a finger towards a certain qishan wen disciple. lan y/n followed where he was pointing, out of curiosity of course, and his eyes landed on wen ning, the archer he and wei wuxian stumbled upon earlier.

"you, at the end of the line!" wen ning's shoulders jolted up, and slowly, he turned around, a worried look on his face. he gripped his bow with trembling hands and lan y/n knitted his brows in worry. the poor boy was already nervous enough, and now, wen chao had everyone's attention on him. one of the attendants beside him whispered something in his ear. "right, wen ning!" lan y/n's eyebrows furrowed.