fourteen.

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 !!

❤︎

y/n - your name
w/n - weapon's name
c/n - courtesy name

❤︎

LAN Y/N WORE AN EXCITED SMILE ON HIS FACE AS HE RODE ON HIS SWORD ABOVE THE LAKES LEADING TO LOTUS PIER.

his feet stayed glued to his sword, w/n, as they whizzed through the air, just barely skimming over the lake's surface. lan xiao followed behind him, a gentle smile on his wrinkled face. "slow down boy," he laughed. "i'm not as young as i used to be." he continued, keeping his fingers intertwined behind his back.

lan y/n looked back over his shoulder, a grin on his face. "oh come on fùqīn, weren't you the one that told me to live life to the fullest?" he laughed, his voice barely audible over the air that wooshed past his ears.

lan xiao only sighed, but the smile remained on his face. "all right, we should be arriving at yunmeng soon. you best behave yourself, son." he reminds the boy. "of course!"

ever since the discussion conference at qishan, the elders slowly began to come to terms with the fact that lan y/n is no cursed child or whatever, he was simply a boy at heart, with only the intention of living life to the utmost. they started by letting him wander around the cloud recesses, travel with his older brothers to purge evil spirits, and if he was lucky, travel with the seniors to speak political matters with nearby clans and maybe, make friends with the disciples his age.

of course, their minds wouldn't be changed so easily. he did, after all, indirectly killed nearly a dozen healers and his mother the night he was born. he was still considered a being of evil in their eyes, but that image was slowly starting to be replaced with an image of a lonely little boy, who just wants to make friends.

with a little help from his older brothers, the elder's views of him began to change, bit by bit.

so right now, lan y/n was accompanying his adoptive father, lan xiao, to discuss some matters with the sect leader of the yunmeng jiang clan. once he's heard of it, he could barely contain his excitement; he would be reuniting with his best friend, wei wuxian, and...