Chapter 1

Here we go again! Also, please consider reading this book on Tapas as to support me. Chapters will come out on the same day, but not the same time as on Tapas I can schedule the post while I need to manually do it here. Thank you!

Warning: mention of rape.

Bartholomé P.O.V

"You are so stupid, actually believing that I would want you as my mate. How does it feel to be raped by the one supposed to love you? I guess you must like it, after all you are nothing but a baby maker for me to use. However, you are not worthy of me. You don't deserve to bear my children. I reject you" My mate, or now ex-mate, says as tears stream down my face before taking out his now soft length from my abused leaking hole and leaving my room, only after spitting on my naked and bruised body laying on the cold ground. A harsh pain in my heart follows his departing words, announcing the end of our mate bond. Some pack's soldiers start to enter the room and take away what little I had as belongings, before lifting my body off the dusty ground. I know what is to follow, but I don't have enough strength to keep them from throwing me out of the pack. As I feel the pack's link sever, my small frame is flung into a river near our borders and the cold quickly tears apart my reasoning. All that is left is the pain, both physical and psychosocial, as icy water enters my lungs and I start to drown.

My eyes shoot open, and my torso rises toward my legs as ragged breaths leave my dry mouth. My back, now off the couch I was laying on, meets with the air, making me shudder as it is covered with cold sweat. Chilling like the river where I nearly met my end. Another tremor racks my small form, this time caused by the memory. My hand goes to my stomach by habit, the small familiar, yet unfamiliar, bump soothing my tense mind. At the same time, the baby growing inside of me is a constant reminder of what happened that day. Both a miracle and a curse.

 I don't know why, maybe I was stupid or too naive, but I thought all my life that I would get a mate that would love me. My parents sure didn't feel any love for me, naming me Bartholomé knowing that I would be bullied for it, only because I was born an omega. They made me work hard, barely resting, to have the top grades, to surpass everyone. But then "He" happened. I got a little brother. An alpha. How over the moon our parents were, they didn't need to feel ashamed of their omega son anymore, they could treat him as if he never was there from the beginning and instead raise their perfect new little baby. So that's what they did. Even if I worked hard, harder than ever, to get their attention, they wouldn't even glance at me. I was nothing but air. Soon I was starving, both for a little attention and quite literally. Seeing how I had been abandoned, the pack made me a slave. Still, even with all the abuse, I could only hope that one day, a nice man would come to our land, see me, realise that he is my mate and take me away. How foolish was I.

Not only did my mate turn out to be one of our pack's soldiers, but he was even one of those who always punched or kicked me when crossing my way. I was terrified, completely petrified. It didn't keep him from dragging me to a room, doing all he could do to humiliate me in the worst way, before rejecting me and leaving. What was the point of living anymore? I was convinced that I would die in the river, but in some ways I survived. When Alex saved me and took me in, I didn't even feel happy, I was just numb. Of course, after a bit of counseling I got better, sometimes I still feel the numbing pain, but more than anything I'm grateful to Alpha Alexandre for saving me. Even though I know it will be hard, I want to try and be a better me. Alex gave me a second chance in life, I will try to reach his expectations and make him proud. I don't want him to regret taking me in.

After a few days, I started to throw up and not feel well. Honestly, the pregnancy was completely unexpected. I didn't think that my broken body would be able to conceive. At first, I was livid, how was I supposed to carry and raise the progeniture of that monster? Then it was guilt, how could I even think that? The baby is innocent, they weren't the one to hurt me. They didn't ask to be made. Finally, it was distress and worry, how was I supposed to raise a child alone? Was I good enough? I still think that, no, I will not be a good father. I don't deserve such a gift from the Moon Goddess. I'm a failure. My first mate is right, I'm nothing.