8

Marcus pov:
I don't think I ever ran as fast as I did right now. The need to be there for my sweetheart even overshadows the thirst I am feeling for pushing my limits like that. Demetri right by my side while my brothers and the other guards that accompanied us where further back.
„Not That much longer." Demetri calls towards me with desperation in his eyes. We slowly stop our fast run to a more humanly speed to not get any suspicious looks from the hospital stuff as we storm in there. To not much surprise Edward is already standing there, surely waiting for us to arrive.
„Follow me." he softly says and walks deeper into the hospital. My heart clenching in fear of what might be wrong with my wonderful mate. I can only hope that she isn't too badly injured and that Carlisle could help her. Knowing him though, he will do the best that he can. He truly is an amazing doctor which I till to this day never really appreciated. Yet I would give up everything if he would give Demetri and me our mate back in one piece.
„Carlisle told his colleague that we should wait in his office, it's way more comfortable and we also be away from any prying eyes." Edward says as he opens a room to seemingly Carlisle office. In there the Rest of their Family is already waiting anxiously for our arrival or for any news on sweet Adriana, I don't know.
„How is our mate? Where is Carlisle?" Demetri asks in slight panic after realizing that said vampire is missing along with our darling mate.
„Take a seat, drink some blood and we explain. You must be exhausted from your trip." Esme softly says and makes a hand movement towards a couch with blood bags laying in front of it on a small table. I nod at her in appreciation, she really is a nurturing mother at heart. After we have taken a seat she smiled sadly at us before taking a deep breath.
„Adriana collapsed on the plane after the touch down. Carlisle thankfully was able to catch her before she could hit her head." she starts sadly while my heart squeezes. It's hard to hear that our sweet mate would of needed us, yet we weren't by her side to help her, be there for her.
„He took her outside where we have been waiting for their arrival and told us to hurry to the hospital right away." she says and looks towards Edward with unsure eyes. Seemingly not knowing how she should go on with her explanation it seems. The tears standing in her eyes however let me know that it's going to get even worse. Automatically I grab for demetri's hand, somehow that helps me to not loose control and it also is soothing to know that I am not alone in this nightmare.
„Carlisle has given her an MRI and found tons of old injuries that clearly showed that she has been abused for at least ten years. He also had to take her to surgery since she has a crushed liver and kidney. Both bleeding pretty heavily. she also has six broken ribs of which two punctured her lungs which could make them collapse. Charles, his colleague explained to us that dad will do everything he can to assure he won't have to remove any organs but also said that the chances are sadly very slim that he will be able to do so. They also found out that one of her arms, ankle and collarbone are broken, those however are an easy fix, especially compared to her other injuries." Edward goes on instead of Esme who is clearly crying for the horrific state my angel is currently in.
„But she will pull through it? Right? She at least is out of a life threatening situation. Right?" Demetri whispers brokenly as he squeezes my hand so tightly that I am sure he would of broken it if I weren't a vampire. I don't care though, because his uncertainty in this question only gets me that much closer to finally break down completely.
„Sadly that's not the case. She still could be bleeding out. Her status is very serious." Edward says sorrowful. The chocked up cry that came from me was the only thing I could hear after that statement. Demetri, bless his soul, right away pulls me into his chest to hug me tightly. Trying to assure me that everything will turn out alright in the end.
„She is strong Marcus! Way stronger than we even know yet. She will pull through this! She has to! She can't leave us, not like that and not ever!" he brokenly whispers in my ear with a few chokes in between it as well. No idea for how long we have been sitting there like that, the only thing is that we all jumped up as the door gets pushed open. Hoping that it's Carlisle with good news. I am so damn desperate for good news. Instead it however are my brothers and the rest of the guards. The moment our eyes clash their shoulders sink, obviously seeing that we don't have any good news at the moment.
„I will explain it to you. Follow me please." Emmet says after he looks around the room. Seemingly guessing that no one is in the state to inform them as well. I also am thankful that he asked them to leave the room since I am not that sure I would be able to hear all of that once again.

Another four hours go by and my body starts to fidget even more, just like Demetris. When there is a soft knock on the door, Esme calls out to come in. It's a man, about 45 I would guess. He seems to be exhausted, but he still try's to smile slightly at all of us.
„Any news Charles?" Esme softly questions. Letting us know that this is the doctor that also has been helping and still is helping my wonderful mate.
„Carlisle miraculously was able to safe both the kidney and her liver. Don't ask me how he did it, but he did. We did have a few moments where we thought we lost her, but she is a warrior, a fighter! Carlisle is still in the operation room since we decided beforehand that it would be better to ask the plasterer to come there to do their thing while she still is sleeping peacefully. Otherwise it would of hurt her yet again which we didn't want to happen." he says and I can't even say how fucking relieved I am to hear that! My sweetheart, Demetri's and I's one and only love is safe. Carlisle and this doctor saved her life! And I know for sure that I will never be able to repay them.
„So she is fine now?" Demetri asks him just to make sure I guess. The doctor only smiles at him and nods his head.
„She still has a long way ahead of her, but she pulled through so much already that we are certain that she will make a full recovery." he answers reassuringly.
„Thank you! Thank you so much!" I thank him in utter relief.
„Of Course. Carlisle informed me that her, father." he says and coughs and grinches as he said father.
„Did that to her and that he has called you guys since you are her closest she has as family. So if you two want to, I can show you to the room she will get put in as soon as the plasterers finished with their work." Charles finishes as he looks at Demetri and me. To be honest i am shocked that Carlisle told him that, but I am extremely thankful that he did because i am pretty sure otherwise we wouldn't of been allowed to see our little angel.
„That would be amazing. Thank you!" I say and follow after the doctor. Not wanting to wait a second longer than necessary to see my sweetheart again.
„Just a small heads up. She is put on a lot of machines that help her breath and also read her vitals, so don't be shocked at that. It might look frightening, but those things are only there to make sure she stays safe and alive." he says before he opens a room with a huge window that oversees the woods around the whole town.
„Thank you. Again we won't ever be able to thank you and Carlisle enough." Demetri once more thanks the doctor who simply says he only did his job and that Carlisle was the one that did the hard stuff so we should thank him instead.
„She is alive." Demetri whispers with tears in his eyes as he hugs himself into me once more. Both of us extremely relieved that we didn't loose our mate before even meeting her properly.