Chapter 15-Chanel

Start from the beginning

There was ten seconds of silence. 

"Wait. . .a girl . . .staying with Zayn?"  Camelia asks suspiciously.

"What!" Jasmine then exclaims.  "Sammy what are you talking about?  Who's Hope?"

He didn't tell them. Well Fuck, Sammy thought.  He was the queen of gossip after all, might as well break the news. 

"The prince of darkness found himself his very own Cinderella.  Hope was this lost girl living on the streets.  One night, he found her on the road getting assaulted, brought her here and gave her a place to stay.  Good God!  Y'all should have seen her when I arrived, my eyes hurt just looking at her."

"Why are we finding out about this now?  How come he never mentioned–?"  Jasmine asked.

"Don't know but all I can say is he likes her.  Of course he's denying his feelings but I know his dick is twitching in his pants."

"Do you know anything about her like where she's from, her family?" It was Camelia's turn at ask.

"Hope doesn't have a clue who she is.  All I know is: she has amnesia from a freak accident that was supposed to leave her dead.  Poor thing, mutters in her sleep and thrashes around when she's having a nightmare."

There was a longer stretch of silence over the line. 

"Zayn allowed a complete stranger to live with him?"  Jasmine mutters.  "It just seems so unlike him."

"Being the assholian expert that I am, I know harmless when I see it. Hope is afraid of her own shadow."  He assures her.

"He's usually the one-night stand type, and he connects with girls that have the same, no-strings-attached way of life." Camelia admitted. 

"A good woman can be magic to a man's life, you know.  This girl could be what he needs.  What is destined can never be avoided."  He sang. 

"So you and Zayn are helping her."  Jasmine stated.

"The prince opened his doors to her and I'm the one over here playing the part of fairy godmother.  The girl had dirt under her fingernails!"  He shudders when he remembers.   "Do you realize how much work it takes to shop?  She didn't even know how to walk in heels until I demonstrated it in front of her for two straight days."

"Wow, that bad, huh?"  Camelia says with a smile in her voice.

"I literally transformed her from looking like Chewbacca to princess Leah in a matter of days!"

They tried desperately to muffle their laughter.

"Hey, now, Hope is a good girl.  Don't laugh at my creation!"  Sammy started, a little insulted. 

"We're not laughing at her, we're laughing at your use of words.  If I took every little thing you said in the past to describe me defensively, we wouldn't be speaking.  You're nothing but honest which is what I love about you."  Jasmine explained.  "We would never doubt your abilities, Sammy."

"She's my very own pretty woman."  He declared proudly.

"Of course, she has the best on her side."  Camelia agreed.  "My husband, however, is not very fond of your comments.  But I know you mean well, Sammy. It's difficult for people to understand that sometimes."

"They either love me or hate.  And the ones that hate can literally kiss my ass!"

"Send us pictures of her.  We want to see this mysterious woman Zayn's kept a secret!"  Camelia exclaimed.

Sammy glances at his watch.  It was time for his scheduled visit to the Chanel boutique to speak to the manager about his bag, once and for all.

"You got it, girls.  I hate to cut our gossip session short but I gotta go deal with getting my bag.  It's the whole reason I'm here.  Pray this goes smoothly.  Every time I'm involved or around a St. James, I'm literally being gripped and dragged by the balls!  I've had enough drama in the past years to last me into the next century!"