2. Hells image

Fan Art: Chat noir hiding in Adriens mask .

A/N: i'm becoming lazy , i'm very not ready for school to start i'm literally gonna barf but gotta get this book done before then 🤪 duty calls ppl , enjoy <333

_________________________________

Adriens POV:

"Chinese and fencing have been moved for after school as the summer comes to an end , good luck on your first day" Natalie let's me know before i leave for school .

i'm so tired , i don't feel like going anymore , school used to be one of my safe spaces as Adrien to be away from my father , now it's just an obligation , like everything else in my life .

every time i look in the mirror all i see looking back at me is an image i don't even recognize anymore , hells image .

i did miss being chat noir though , and now i have that back but it's not the same anymore . Ladybugs been distant , i know i'm not the only one who's been going through a rough patch after defeating my father .

it feels empty now , the rush of jolting out of bed in the middle of the night to fight crime with my lady just doesn't have the same effect as it used to , it was my fun , she was my safe space , my escape .

She went away for a while after our victory , we never got the chance to reveal our identities , not yet at least . I think she's scared for some reason , and i don't blame her.

but iv never needed any one more than i do now , Natalie offered to take me to therapy , but i can't tell anyone why i'm depressed beyond my father being hawkmoth , because there's more .

chat noir , my life as chat noir , my relationship with ladybug , my relationship i had with my father , it wasn't great , none of it is.

for now , Natalie is my legal guardian despite her being revealed as mayura , she was spared from prison .

yet even from behind bars my father still finds a way to control every aspect of my life , this act that i keep up for his precious reputation,. i wish things were how they were before .

there is no use in looking back to the past anyways , i have to get to class .

~~~

behind me in my desk i see marinette , she looks tired , i hope she's okay , she was actually early today for once so maybe she just didn't get enough sleep . i should check on her .

i wish i could do the same with ladybug , she must be going through a lot too , as the guardian at least .
We never got the kwamis back like we swore we would .

now they're in the hands of someone who has a vandetta against Paris and its citizens , or like my father , someone who will do whatever it takes to get their wish .

sometimes i wonder what would've happened if i joined my father , my mother could be alive right now but at what expense, i know Natalie wouldn't blindly help him without knowing the risk .
at-least i hope so , that'd make me feel better about all of this .

i just miss my lady so much , i want to see her , i want to make sure she's okay , iv been pushing her away and i haven't really noticed. 

i guess i was a little mad , felt betrayed , like she didn't need me anymore , but she doesn't deserve that .

There's no more emotion inside me , i want my normal back again , it wasn't normal actually but it was for me , that's what kept me going .

This new hawkmoth is weird, he's without a doubt smarter , but m'lady and i never fail , whenever it's us against the world , we will always win .
Iv never trusted anyone that much .

despite the fact that she constantly rejects me , she doesn't owe me anything and she's still one of the only people i can rely on , i want the old days back , when we were naive at 14 .

i don't know what i'm doing anymore , my skin is bruised, my eyes are baggy . it's safe to say i don't feel the greatest , i thought the long break after the defeat would bring me peace , all it's brought me is regret .

now that ladybug and i are back in action things haven't been the same , we were out of sync , we barely talk , we don't even pound it anymore .

Another person who's been on my mind lately, marinette , it sounds strange yes , but she doesn't look okay and i don't want to pry her feelings out of her but i know someone who puts up walls and a brave face when people are around when i see one , i'm the master at it .

she's been like this ever since the defeating of hawkmoth , maybe she's taking it hard , he did torment her whole family , but the more i think about it , mari has never been akumatized .
she has something.

maybe i'll visit her as chat noir , she's always seemed more comfortable around him than Adrien , i hope she doesn't hate me , but i need an escape from Adrien too .

i haven't swung by her house in a while , but now feels like as good a time as ever to make sure my favorite civilian is doing okay .

~~~

"hey princess" i jump next to marinette on the balcony . "oh shit , sorry you scared me" she holds her hand to her chest , i see a tear rolling down her face , that's a face of someone who lost all they had to lose .

"are you okay" we lock eyes , "i'm fine , what brings you around" she wipes a tear and puts on a fake smile , oh marinette , what's drowning you .

"i came to check on you , i noticed you're upset , you don't have to put on a brave face for me" i let her down , her smile suddenly fades and her eyes release more tears .

i take my claw and wipe them away from her cheek , "thank you chat" she breathes , "anytime" i try to comfort her , i don't know what's going on but i can't imagine it getting worse .

i'm glad i could help her , it helps me in a way , though i wish someone would do the same for me .

____________________________________

A/N: ANDDD THATS A WRAP , a salad wrap 😏
bye bye mits <333