21st and last question

I lay in bed next to Matteo. As much as we refuse to sit around and do nothing, there is not much we can do anymore. We don't run a mafia and our kids have all moved out. And even if we want to get up and do things, most of the time we are to old to do it any more.

We will either lay in bed or go to the couch and talk about all the memories we have together. Making sure neither of us forget. We are getting old but I'd say we are still the hottest couple. And I pride myself on my smooth skin...at least for my age it's smooth.

"Eve?" Matteo turns to look at me. His beautiful eyes sparkle.

"Yes, Matteo?"

"As our 21st and last question I was wondering if you would like to be buried next to each other?" Matteo smiles sweetly at me.

"On one condition," I smirk at him.

"What?"

"You have to get 'Eve's Bitch' written on your tombstone."

"Only if you get 'Matteo's property' on yours," he retorts.

"Deal," I stick my hand out to shake his.

"Deal," he shakes my hand.

I lean in and kiss him.

We both sigh and look at each other. I turn the lamp off and repeat what we have said every night for the past month, "I love you. See you on the other side."

"I love you too. See you on the other side."