Chapter 14

Hey guys! Make sure to look at the chapter photo, a lot of times it is Eves outfit or has something to do with the chapter! Not always though! Anyways, enjoy!

—————————————————————————

(back to Eves POV)

The plane lands and we all grab our stuff and head to the car. This is the hard part, being in a confined space with Matteo.

The car ride is silent besides the music that is playing on the radio. Matteo is driving, I am in the passenger seat, and Rose is in the back asleep. I look out the window to avoid looking at Matteo. When I look in the side-view mirror and realize that the car behind us has been riding our tail for a while now.

"I think someone is following us," I say to Matteo, still watching the car in the mirror.

"You're being dramatic, there probably just going the same place as us," Matteo shrugs me off.

"Okay, then get off the highway and make a couple of turns to see if they follow."

"Okay, I will," Matteo says confidently.

We get off at the next exit and so does the car behind us. We turn left, then right, then left again and so does the car behind us, "Ok fine maybe they are following us," Matteo says as he watches the car too.

At this point, the car has noticed that we noticed them. They start to ride our tail even closer than before. Matteo speeds up and it becomes a race. We keep making turn after turn trying to lose the car but they stay right behind us. I watch as they roll their window down and point a gun at us.

"Matteo they have a gun!" I shout at him even though he is sitting right next to me.

"I can see that," Matteo says oddly calmly.

"Is this a normal Monday for you?"

"No they normally try to kill me on Tuesday," Matteo says dead serious.

"Is that sarcasm?" I ask genuinely confused.

"Yes, dumbass now get down before they shoot," I duck down and do as told.

Rose is awake now and does the same, "Matteo what's going on?" she asks with a quiver in her voice.

I reach back for her hand to comfort her, "Someone is following us but it will okay. Matteo will fix this. Right, Matteo?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure," Matteo says very unconvincingly.

I hear a couple of shots hit the car and Matteo still hasn't lost the car, "Fine, I'll do it myself," I grab the gun from Matteo's waist.

"What do you think you are doing?"

"Hold my legs," I roll down the window, stick my arm out, and start firing shots. I keep shooting as I pull the rest of my upper body out of the window and sit on the car door. I see that there are two men in the front seats. One is driving and the other is shooting at us. I shoot at the driver first and then the other man. I hit both of them. The driver got hit in the shoulder and the shooter was hit in the stomach.

I watch as the car goes off the road and crashes into a tree, "It wasn't that hard," I say as I sit back down.

"Well I was driving so I couldn't do that."

"That was so badass! You are literally my greatest inspiration!" Rose says to me with a huge smile on her face.

"I can teach you how to do that."