Special Extra Epilogue

Eves POV:

I watched as all the kids ran up to the bedrooms after dinner like they always do. Matteo took my hand and we walked into the living room to hang out with the other parents for a little while.

As per usual the conversation went towards mafia business. We eventually got to the topic of Matteo and I's history. We hadn't told any of the adults other than Enzo and his wife our history. Only because Enzo already knew and lived it with us.

I explained how he basically kidnapped me after I saved him. When we got to the part about staying in the safe house I started having flashbacks while listening to Matteo.

"I walked downstairs without a shirt on and her jaw dropped. She was so distracted she burnt the pancakes she was making and set off the smoke alarm." Matteo chuckled and grabbed my hand as we both relived the memory.

I suddenly remember another moment of the trip and wait till he gets to that part to get my revenge.

"Then we fought and I pushed her away again-"

"More like slapped me away." I looked at Matteo's with a murderous smirk. The smile on his face dropped and he saw what was coming but he couldn't do anything to stop it.

I raise my hand high in the air and slap him, harder than I meant to.

"That is for slapping me all those years ago." Then I kiss his cheek that I slapped, "Sorry." I pause for a moment thinking, "No actually I'm not."

I smirk at Matteo who has his lips in a thin line. He knows he deserved that. All the other parents start laughing with us.

Matteo wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him. I get the same butterflies I always have whenever he touches me.

Everyone else around us is talking and laughing but I just sigh and lean into Matteo. We have been through hell and back together but I am still here with him. Both our hearts beating.

As if Matteo is thinking the same thing he leans in and whispers, "I love you, Princess."

I looked Matteo in his emerald green eyes and smiled as I get lost in them. I put one hand on his cheek and lean in for a soft kiss. I suddenly wish that we were alone. Not to have sex but just to be with him and only him.

Again, as if he was thinking the same thing Matteo stood up and coughed softly to get their attention, "Eve isn't feeling to good. I am going to take her to our room. You are welcome to stay and talk for a little while longer. It was nice seeing you guys again."

I acted as though I didn't feel good and played along with Matteo's act. As we walked upstairs I heard the parents getting their kids and leaving.

Once we got into the room and the door closed Matteo immediately embraced me in a long hug. I wrapped my arms behind his neck and placed my head on his chest. His strong arms held me as close as possible, both of us afraid of letting go. Bringing the memories of our past back up made us both realize how much we had gone through and how much we tried to forget and out in the past.

Somehow we got to the bed. Neither one of us said anything to the other. I laid with my head on his chest listening to his heartbeat. I traced his abs as he played with my hair and kissed the top of my head occasionally.

"I love you, Eve." Matteo whispers softly to me.

"I love you too, Matteo."

We could both say a million more words about what had happened to us and how much we mean to each other but just by saying those three words, 'I love you' I know that's all we need to know.