Chapter 15

Matteo's POV:

I sit across the aisle from Eve and Lorenzo, still trying to keep my distance from her. Lorenzo is explaining when is going to happen when we get to Queens.

"Okay, so this is the Cobra Gang. They are a minor gang run by a guy named Lucas Harris. They owe us a lot of money. We are going to tell them to pay us right then there or we will take his girlfriend," the plan is my idea. Apparently, Lucas and Carley have been dating for five or six years now so he must care a lot about her.

"Who is his girlfriend?" Eve asks.

"A girl named Carley Sanchez," Eve doesn't say anything, "Are you okay Eve? You look sick?" I turn and look at Eve to see what's wrong.

"You know what, I say we just take the girlfriend and kill her," Eve says without any more context. I was surprised when I heard this. I knew Eve wasn't all sunshine and rainbows but I didn't think she would ever want to kill someone.

"Why do you know her?" I still haven't said anything in their conversation but I'm pretty sure they both know I'm listening.

"Yes, I do. Carley drugged me while we were at a club and that is how I was taken by the Russian Mafia."

"She what?" Lorenzo nearly yells.

"Yup, I'm sure Matteo told you my real backstory, right?" She's right I did, I was hoping to find more information on her like who her parents were.

I didn't know that her own friend drugged her. I don't know why but it made me unbelievably mad. I felt sorry for Eve but more so I felt like murdering Carley for doing it.

***

When we get to the club we agreed to meet at I storm inside, "Matteo what are you doing?" I hear Lorenzo yell from behind me. I don't respond but I do hear someone right on my heels who I assume is Eve.

I storm past the bouncer, through the crowd inside, and up the back steps up to the upstairs level where the office is. I enter the room without knocking, Eve closes the door and locks it behind me.

I look at the guy sitting behind the desk with a girl to his left which I assume is Carley. I raise my gun but before I can shoot at her Eve shouts at me, "Matteo stop! You don't get to shoot her, I get to."

I was slightly surprised even though I shouldn't have been, Eve impresses me more and more every day, "Well, well, well, I thought I got rid of you years ago. Looks like the book nerd embraced being a whore and lived."

"Hello pretty lady," Lucas says.

I watch as Eve walks over to Carley calmly, almost too calm. Lucas gets up to stop Eve but I point my gun at him and tell him not to move. I hear Lorenzo pounding on the door but nobody moves to let him in. Everyone is watching Eve. She pulls a knife from her thigh and drags it along Carley's cheek leaving a thin cut that starts to drip blood.

"You think I'm scared of you? What are you going to do kill me?" Carley asks Eve.

"Oh, I can do much worse things than kill you," damn Eve is hot when she is mad. Wait stop I can't think that.

Carley tried to hide it but I can see the fear in her eyes. While Eve has Carley focused on the knife that is now pointed at her throat, she pulls out a gun and shoots her in the leg.

"What the fuck! You bitch! I should have just killed you instead of selling you to the Russians!" Eve punches Carley in the face knocking her out cold.

"We will be taking your girlfriend until you pay us our money. If you don't pay is in a week we keep her," I tell Lucas as I walk out with Eve dragging Carley behind her.

"What the hell happened in there?" Lorenzo looks scared out of his mind when we walk out of the room. He looks even more scared when he sees Eve dragging Carley.

"I got my revenge," Eve says still very calm as she walks away.

"So you're Genevieve? Do you know why the Russians want you so badly?" I hear Lucas ask from behind us.

Eve looks at him with a blank face revealing nothing, "I don't know who Genevieve is."

We all walk out ending any and all conversations. Who is Genevieve? That will be my seventh question for Eve.

On the jet ride home I sit across from Eve and next to Carley, who is still unconscious. Damn my girls got a good punch. No, not my girl. I have to stop thinking these things.

"How often do you go on these night trips?" Eve asks breaking the awkward silence.

"At least once a week."

"Can I come to more of them? They are fun," she says smiling at me like a child.

"Sure," I don't know why I said yes but I just couldn't say no.

"As my sixth question, I want to know why you got so mad before we went in. I could tell by Lorenzo's reaction you don't get that mad often," I didn't know how to respond. I didn't even know why I was mad.

"I guess when I heard you say that she drugged you, your own friend drugged you, I got mad at her for doing that to you."

"You literally choked me, threw me in a cellar, and slapped me and you got mad at her for doing something to me?" Eve has a point.

"I don't know, okay? I don't understand myself sometimes. As my seventh question, I want to know who Genevieve is," I ask her, trying to change the subject.

"I don't know who Genevieve is," I can tell she's lying.

"Don't lie to me, Eve."

"Fine, Genevieve is my old name, the one that my parents gave me. Genevieve Smith. Now you can get all the information on me that you want."

I have heard that name before, I just don't remember where.

Eves POV:

Matteo stops talking and looks deep in thought so I take the opportunity to end the conversation. I look at Carley who is sitting next to Matteo. Slapping, punching, and shooting Carley felt so good. I will have her begging for me to kill her by the end of the week. Also on a totally unrelated note, pretty lady count: four.

I have changed a lot, I really have become the Devil's daughter. I never thought I would wish to cause someone so much pain yet here I am. It's funny, the person who made me the way I am is the one who gets to not only witness but be my first demonstration of who I am now. Karmas a bitch.

It's around six in the morning so I go change and get ready for the day when I get back to the mansion. Matteo told me I won't have an initiation because I proved myself with Carley.

One question that hasn't left my mind is what did Lucas mean when he asked me if I know why the Russians want me so badly. When we stopped at my old home in Queens I looked through the whole house to see if there were any files or anything on my parents but I couldn't find anything. The only thing I took from my old home is some old books I used to read and my sister's locket she used to wear.

I head down to the prison cells where Carley is being held. I am going to find out why the Russians want me so bad and I am going to find out now.