20

Friday, March 24, 2006 (the Rez)

"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!?"

"In a couple years, yes, but not anytime soon." I leaned back in my chair as Sam acted just as I thought he would.

"You're 17, Alexandra." Emily's voice was soft as she spoke and I knew she wasn't mad, just confused why I decided to get engaged at 17.

"I'm aware of my age, Emily."

"You've only been dating for a year." I rolled my eyes at Sam.

"Sam, now you're just being a hypocrite. You and Emily got engaged after 14 months, Jasper and I have been together for a year and a half now."

"I understand that you're not really into the entire vampire thing, and you may not be a fan of the Cullens..." Sam rolled his eyes at me as I went on.

"That's not it Alex."

"Then what is it besides me being 17?"

"I mean, what happened to the little girl who threw a tantrum when there weren't enough blueberries in her pancakes?" Sam dropped back into his spot beside Emily.

"I'm not a little girl, Sam. I already told you, we're not getting married for a couple years. So you're not losing me soon, alright?"

"Nothing I say is going to stop is it?" I shook my head as Sam sighed and Emily left the table chuckling.

"There's things you need to think about if your going to be physically intimidate." Sam broke the silence after a minute or two.

"Okay, Sam, I don't need the talk." I cringed at the thought of Sam giving me the birds & the bee's talk.

"Look, it's just as embarrassing for me as it is for you."

"I doubt that, and don't bother, Sarah beat you to it years ago."

"Well, you didn't have a boyfriend or fiancé years ago."

"I'm sure things work the same way." I rubbed my face hoping this conversation could end now.

"Alright, so, you guys are...taking precautions?"

"Okay, Sam! Just don't worry about...that. Jasper and I are both, old fashioned."

"Old fashioned, great what's that, like code for something?"

"Oh my god, Sam. I'm a virgin, happy now?" I stood up from my chair and walked away from the table as Emily began to scold Sam for embarrassing me.

"Hey, Em, what's old fashioned mean?"

"It means she's not having sex till she's officially married."

"I'm staring to like Jasper a lot more." I rolled my eyes as I shut my bedroom door and dropped down onto my bed.

I pulled my phone out and smiled at Jaspers new contact name. Alice or Emmett must have gotten a hold of my phone and changed it.

"Hey, Jasper, we're in the clear."

"Really, that quick? I thought I'd have to fight for your hand in marriage, you now, fight to the death?" I chuckled at Jaspers stupid joke as I stared at my ring.

"Is that how you did it over in Texas during the 1800's?"

"That's a secret I'll tell."

"You know I could just search it up right?"

"Hey, don't get all technical on me."

"I'll get as technical with you as I want, you're not going to do anything about it." I chuckled as Jaspers phone was ripped out of his hand and Alice's voice filled the phone.

"Please tell me I get to plan the wedding?"

"Alice, we're not getting married right away. But, when we do plan to go along with the wedding you can go crazy, to a limit that is." Alice instantly started to cheer as she went on about how she just knows I'm going to love whatever she plans.

Once Jasper got his phone back we continued on talking till my eyes were heavy.