19

Friday, March 24, 2006

Jasper and I held hands as we walked through the forest. We didn't plan on hunting, just a walk away from everyone else. I told Jasper everything that happened well he was gone-the things I couldn't tell him over the phone. He told me about his time in New York and all the different things he did.

"And then I just jumped off the cliff and I swore Embry had a heart attack!" I threw my arms into the air for theatrical effect.

"Are you sure that was safe?"

"Yeah, we do it all the time after patrol. It's a great way to cool down quickly." I gave Jasper a toothy grin as I swung our hands.

"Hey, Alex?" I hummed in response as I continued to look around.

"Do you remember when you told me that you don't know if you're going to live forever?" I nodded to Jasper as I turned around in confusion.

"What if we get married, live your forever out together?"

"Jasper..."

"I know it's a lot and we've only been together for a year now, but in cause you don't live forever let me tell you now, I love you more than you'll ever wrap your head around. I never want to be without you and if that means putting a ring on your finger to keep you by my side than I'd do it a hundred times over. I love you so much Alexandra. So please, marry me?" Jasper fumbled into his pocket and held out a thin golden band with two diamonds on either side of a slight larger diamond.

 So please, marry me?" Jasper fumbled into his pocket and held out a thin golden band with two diamonds on either side of a slight larger diamond

I stared at the ring for a moment and found myself remembering how my father and mother fell apart after marriage.

"We don't have to get married right away, or even 5 years from now. I just need a guarantee you'll be by my side." I stared at the ring that the honey-blond male held between his fingers as he held my hand.

He didn't kneel to the ground or serenade me, he never made up lies or sugar coat our lives in perfection. Jasper's an honest and loyal man who cherishes me and all I am.

"Yes." I didn't need to say much more than that, it's all it took.

Jasper wrapped me in his arms with a kiss on my lips and my left ring finger now weighed down by the light golden band. We wouldn't get married for a long time, I was sure about that. I'm only 17 and still living my life.

"Why do I feel like everyone already knows?"

"Alice." I chuckled knowing Jasper was right, once Alice saw this in her vision she wouldn't be able to keep her mouth shut.

"Of course." Jasper and I locked hands again and began our walk back to the house.

I would need to go back home to Sam and Emily. Sam would loose his mind and Emily would be ecstatic. I'd probably be grounded through Sam's rage and Emily'll convince him he's being dramatic like always.