12

Saturday, March 11, 2006

I laid my head into the crook of Paul's shoulder as we headed towards Jacobs house. It had been a long night for me since I stayed up all night reading a book I'd gotten to deep into to put down.

"What did you do?" I opened my eyes to see Bella quickly approaching us.

"What did you do? What did you do to him?" I got off Paul's back as Bella began pushing the boys around.

"Easy." Sam warned Paul as he began getting annoyed at the brunette girl.

"He didn't want this."

"What did we do?" I moved to the side hoping that Bella wouldn't see me, I really didn't want to be forced to explain to her exactly what I am.

"What did he do, hmm? What'd he tell you?" Paul was getting into Bella's face as his anger began to sky rocket.

"Both of you, calm down." Sam grabbed Paul's arm as Bella told Paul that Jacob had told her nothing.

"Nothing. He tells me nothing because he's scare of you." The boys began laughing before Bella slapped Paul.

He began to practically vibrate with anger as Bella began to back off once she realized she fuked up.

"Bella, get back!" I grabbed Bella's arm as Sam tried to get Paul to calm down before he caused any problems.

Sam was unable to calm Paul down and he phased. I jumped into quick action and phased as well and stood protectively in front of Bella.

"Move, Alex."

"No, you need to back up and calm down." Despite not having a high standing in the pack, I at least had some power over them all since I'd been phasing the longest.

"Bella!"

"Run! Jake, run!" I was quickly pushed to the side by Jacob as he phased.

Paul and Jacob growled at each other as I turned around and made my way slowly to Bella. I made sure to pin my ears back and walk low to the ground as I whimpered to show that I meant no harm to her. Jacob and Paul started to fight behind me before rolling into the forest as they fought.

"Hey. Take Bella back to Emily's place." I phased back before helping Bella stand up.

"Guess the wolf's out of the bag." Jared and Embry jogged over to Bella and I as Sam ran into the forest to stop the fight.

"Shut it, Embry." We walked over to Bella's truck where Jared and Embry jumped in the back well I rode in the front with Bella.

"What are you, Alex?" I turned to Bella as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm a mutt."

"What do you mean?" Bella glance over to me as she backed her truck out the spot she parked in.

"Does it even matter what I mean?"

"Alexandra..."

"Don't call me that." My eyes narrowed at Bella causing her to jump at my sudden change in demeanor.

"Why won't you just tell me?"

"Because Bella, only the people who actually care to call once and while get the pleasure of knowing."

"That's not fair, Alex."

"Isn't it though?" I dug my nails into my bicep to keep me somewhat grounded.

"Edward left me."

"Yeah, and Jasper left me. You're acting like Edward's the only reason you can breath, like he's the only reason you're alive, and don't pull the whole 'he is my only reason' bullshit. You are absolutely pathetic Bella." I whipped the door open on Bella's truck as we pulled up to Emily's house.