18

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 (night)

Bella and Edward had arrived a while ago but they went to linger upstairs for a little. Everyone was dressed nicely as I lingered beside Jasper and leaned against the wall in the same clothes I had on this morning. I never understood the point of dressing up for Bella coming over, it's not like she's the queen of England. I flipped the page of my book as I bit and peeled the dry skin off my lips leaving a burning sensation. It was a bad habit I picked up when I was younger, most people do it though so it wasn't anything weird.

"You all know what I want, and I know how much I'm asking for. The only thing I can think of for this to be fair is to just vote." Bella told Edward to shut up as he tried to speak out.

"Alice?"

"I already consider you my sister!" Alice hugged Bella tightly as I rolled my eyes and flipped my page.

"I vote yes. It would be nice to not want to kill you all the time." Jasper nudged me as he probably felt my resentment against Bella and the whole idea of voting away her mortality.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry to the both of you for how I've acted. And I'm really grateful that you were brave enough to go and save my brother. But this isn't a life I would've chosen for myself, and I wish there would've been someone to vote no for me. So, no." I bit my lip harder to stop myself from smirking.

"I vote hell yeah! We can pick a fight with the Voltori some other time." Emmett picked Bella up and spun her around before placing her back on her two left feet.

"I already consider you apart of this family, yes." Esme was a family woman, so it only made sense that she was eager to extend it further.

"Why are you doing this to me, you know what this means?" Edwards voice was strained as Carlisle stepped forwards.

"You've chosen to live without her leaving me no choice, I won't lose my son." Once Carlisle finished casting in his vote, everyone looked to me.

"I agree with Rosalie, and I wish someone would've told my parents what they were doing, what life they were subjecting their child to. So I plant my ass down on a hard no." I slammed my book shut and leaned farther against the wall-even if it wasn't possible.

"Why do you hate me so much, Alex? You won't even tell me what you are, where is your trust in me?" Everyone stared at Bella as she awkwardly called me out on my behaviour.

"You really haven't connected the dots." I scoffed at Bella and tossed my book aside as I pushed myself off the wall.

"I'm an abomination born from a vampire and a werewolf. I'm the product of a classic romance trope that ended wrong! My mothers 6 feet deep in the ground because of me and my fathers only god knows where, he didn't want me so he left when I was 13. So yeah, I'm a little sour about the whole vampire thing." Bella stepped back a little and I could tell everyone was a little on edge.

Non of the Cullens knew the real reason I came to Forks-except Edward for obvious reasons. I rarely had outbursts of anger or frustration but when I did it was usually followed by me crying out of frustration and over-stimulation. Jasper's gift didn't seem to work as the pot was finally boiling over.

"You think our life is so god damn glorious when in reality, not in that little fantasy you made up in your petty love sick brain, it's a constant train reck just hitting us on loop. So don't come whining to me when you want to rip your fathers throat out to suck him dry of blood!" I jabbed Bella in the chest with my finger before Emmett pulled me away and Edward got in front of Bella.

"That's enough, Alex." I twisted myself out of Emmett's grip and walked back to the couch where I had thrown my book.

I dropped down beside my book and crossed my arms over my chest as I tried to stop the stinging in my throat and eyes. I had finally hit the point where my anger was flushed out and now I was just frustrated and over-stimulated leaving my brain knotted up causing me to cry. Edward escorted Bella out and Jasper was quick to try and dim the room well also trying to get me to talk out why I was frustrated. It was common procedure for situations like these. Even if I had already voice my frustration it was always efficient to go over it again.

It took a while for me to properly calm down and Jasper took me back upstairs to his room where I continued to calm down well he read to me till I passed out.