5) Who's the handsomest of them all?

"I remember Daddy told me- fairy tales can come true

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I remember Daddy told me- fairy tales can come true. You got to make them happen, it all depends on you!"

- Tiana, The Princess And The Frog

♛♚∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞♚♛

The old man gave him a sick smile. "Oh my word, you are such a handsome young lad!" He said, his hand covering her mouth in shock.

He rolled his eyes. Seriously, did he think he was THAT STUPID not to see his own good looks? This beggar must be blind in one and scarred in the other, Seokjin thought.

 Like, come on, the whole kingdom knew his incredible handsomeness... He was Worldwide Handsome for Snow White's sake! He was surely bluffing, he couldn't have not known him. Except the dwarfs of course, they didn't seem to know much about the outside world at all.

He had just finished sweeping the patio when this old man came with a basket of apples. He was wearing rags. The holes which weren't patched up displayed clear white skin. That's was kinda dodgy, Jin thought, how could a beggar have clean skin like that? 

He put the thought out of his mind, too much stress might sag his skin.

"Do you mind eating an apple my son?" The man asked, holding out an apple at him. Jin stopped and thought. Apples were healthy, they were loaded with vitamins and other essential minerals for the body. But this man looked s fishy. Why would he randomly give him an apple when he was apparently starved out? Sus, very sus.

"Oh, if you're not sure if it's good enough to eat I'll eat a part and prove it to you," he said, retrieving an apple from his basket and taking a bite from the yellowed part. The apple was yellowing on one side and was bright red on the other.

He was a diehard fruit lover and was tempted to eat the apple. Jin reached out and took the apple, the red colour was captivating. It happened within a matter of milliseconds: he took one bite and his vision started to blur at the edges. "What..." He mumbled confusedly as everything gradually went black. 

Jin collapsed onto the floor, unmoving and unbreathing. The apple rolled on the floor and landed under a chair.

The king in disguise cackled, "there goes our ugly prince." He took out his treasured talking mirror. 

"Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the handsomest of them all? The mirror stayed at blank as ever. He paused surprised by his own absent-mindedness, the mirror was nowhere on a wall, it was in his grasp. 

The king cleared his throat and started again, "mirror, mirror in my hand, who's the handsomest in this land?" 

"You are, o' my king," it replied.

The king was satisfied.

"Yes!" He cried in glee. "Now who's the worldwide handsome? Eh Jin?" The king asked Jin, who was lying lifeless on the floor. 

He was the handsomest in the whole world, and that fact would never be questioned again, be it his mirror or anybody else in the kingdom. He strutted away, a smug smirk plastered on his grimy, dirt-stained face.

♛♚∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞♚♛

"...Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho 
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from work we go..."

The dwarfs were returning home after yet another tiresome day at the mine. They gathered up at the fence and entered their garden one by one. Happietta ran to the door, eager to make apple pie with Jin using the apples she had picked on her way back home.

She was almost at the door when she saw Jin sprawled supine on the floor, one hand at his side and the other reaching under

"Ah!!! By the god of the seven kingdoms! What has happened!?" 

The six others came rushing to the patio at the sound of her wails.

"W-What? W-What's w-wrong Hap-pi?" Docanne came running, glasses lopsided on his nose.

"It's Jin," she sobbed, clutching his arm, "something's happened." Her usually bright smiley eyes were brimming with tears.

Docanne checked his heartbeat. There was no sound nor movement. The other dwarfs huddled around Jin's body, tears in their eyes at his state.

Docanne got up and looked gravely around at his fellow dwarfs. 

"He seems to have left us. His heart is no longer beating."

Then started the unending flow of tears. Some, like Happi and Grumpay wailed out loud, sitting down on the floor beside Jin and caressing his shiny black hair. Dopey was the only one standing up, he cried silently looking down at the pale handsome face. Sneezy was giving out loud wet sneezes, nearly showering Jin's body with snot. Docanne covered his nose with a handkerchief just in time. Sleepette was was already asleep, his head on Jin's waist. Bashfulle had her back to them, shoulders heaving in sobs.

Docanne went inside and brought a lit candle, and placed it at Jin's head. The gang on dwarfs spent the night in silent vigil beside the body of their beloved prince who had become much more than a helper. By now he was their friend and companion.

♛♚∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞♚♛

They neared the clearing. A pretty stone cottage covered in ivy came into their view. The wooden backdoor was painted in a vivid red which clashed with the greens and oranges of the vegetable patch in the backyard.

"You reckon he'd be here then?" Taehyung asked, munching on an apple Jungkook had forbidden him from eating near the dwarfs' cottage.

Jungkook gave him an annoyed, exasperated look. He had warned Taehyung not to eat that thing near the dwarfs. Snow white was supposed to die because of eating a poisoned apple, and here he was, the inexperienced idiot, eating an apple right when they were going to go and rescue Snow White.

"Yes, this is the dwarf's cottage." He muttered, walking around the low fence towards the front garden. 

A strange, but sad sight met their eyes.

Seven dwarf females were weeping around a glass coffin, kept in the middle of a small garden of flowers. The interior of the glass coffin was invisible to their eyes as yet.

A dwarf in glasses got up and made her way towards them, fixing her hat. 

"Who may you be?" She asked promptly.

"We're here to revive the prince," Jungkook answered.

Docanne's eyes lit up in hope, but they almost instantly darkened again. "He's dead, and it's been two days now. He won't wake, it's no use trying."

"We can, we'll find a way," Taehyung said enthusiastically, eyes lighting up in the excitement of a new experience.

A/N:
Vote if you want to be the one to kiss Seokjin awake but you can't coz you're obviously not a part of the fairytale dimension!