011

After I had gotten back to my dorm building, courtesy of Semi walking me back with a bit of small talk about practice as we walked. I had been staring down at the paper that Coach Saito had handed me for the past twenty minutes. Attempting to fill out any of the questions on the form. Glancing over at the picture on the side of my desk with a sigh, staring at the smile both my father and I had while watching all of the people in the background of the plane. Seemingly not caring about what face they were making even though the two of us seemed a bit weird when we snapped the photo.

I had finished the form a few minutes before getting a ding from my phone. Picking up the technology after setting down the pen in my hand. Seemingly confused at the multiple dings while I stared at the notifications that caused the screen to flash several times.

Shiratorizawa VB

SemiSemi has added Masumi to the chat!

SemiSemi:

Guys this is our new manager

Miracle Boi Satori:

Ooo Masumi-san! Hi!!

Future Ace:

Who?

Shirabu:

Is that the girl who you were with all day? -.-

SemiSemi:

Yes Tendou and I were helping her move into the dorms

Masumi:

Well hello to you guys too. I thought introductions were tomorrow Semi.

But hi to you too Tendou

Sorry, my name is Masumi btw

Reon:

Welcome, Masumi. Fair warning Tendou is a bit chaotic if you haven't found that out already

Miracle Boi Satori:

Wha! I am not

Also don't say that Ushiwaka isn't back from his run yet I don't want him to nag me

Shirabu:

You only get nagged because you are up at 4 am reading and being loud

I chuckled softly at the phone before plugging it into the charger. This is the official start of my new life. Something that will hopefully be changed for the better of my future. I leaned back against the headboard of the bed and peaked at the window beside my dresser. School is going to start sooner than I thought and I have a lot of catching up to do.

~

Monday had come by faster than I could have wished. Semi had shown me around campus over the weekend, mainly where the team practices, my homeroom, and the cafeteria where Tendou and I ate together several times after Semi had left to do something. The only person that I even had the chance of knowing from my class within the team was Shirabu. Well, that is what I was informed by the three third years I know. 

As of right now I only know three of the third years well. Semi, Tendou, and Reon were all very different characters. The other three third years are very uncharted territory. Ushijima Wakatoshi is seemingly unapproachable for the time being and then two others that I have yet to meet. Then the first years as well. I didn't get many introductions within the chat the other day but I am sure I will after class before practice starts.

I had been walking to class by myself scrolling through my social media as I walked into what I remembered. Glancing around at the mostly empty classroom before sitting next to the window quietly, glancing up at a few of the classmates that were already in the room talking. Trying to ignore their glancing before looking down at the text on my phone from a new number. 

             New message from (xxx)xxx-xxx

               Hey, it's Shirabu are you the redhead by the window?

Uh depends on which classroom you just waltz into Shirabu. But I may be.

I chuckled softly and shook my head at the message before feeling a boy sit down next to me. Looking over at him a bit after saving Shirabu's number into my phone. I glanced up at the light brown-haired male that had decided to seat himself at the desk. Smiling gently before looking back to my phone softly. Thinking to myself softly before a piece of paper slides onto my desk causing a bit of confusion to cross my face. Opening it slowly to read it a bit.

'Ushijima wanted me to give you this. So you had his number for club activities. He will know them in more advance than Semi. ~Shirabu'

'Ushijima Wakatoshi - (xxx)xxx-xxxx'

I looked over at the boy that had seemingly put his head down on the desk again with a smile. Slowly put the number into my phone before glancing up to see our homeroom teacher walking into the room. Slipping the technology into my bag a bit before talking out something to take notes for the lessons ahead of us. I ended up glancing down at my uniform with a smile for a brief second and smiled.

The classes were alright. Not too different from classes I had taken in America. Well, except we never had to change rooms. Thankfully I could get used to the same classroom all year. The one thing I wouldn't get used to was the breaks in between classes. I looked up a bit during our last break to see Shirabu holding out a water bottle. "Here, you'll need it for later." I gently take it with a nod.

"Thanks, you didn't have to get me one though." He slowly pulled the chair out in front of my desk and shrugged softly, causing me to roll my eyes a bit. "Was there something you needed?" 

He seemed to have looked up a bit and hummed at the question. "Yesterday after you talked to our coaches, you seemed mesmerized by Ushijima and was wondering if you needed more information on him." 

I froze up for a second as I thought. 'So that was the Ushijima Wakatoshi from the magazine I read.' Without realizing my face started to heat up a bit. Looking down to the paper he had slipped me earlier with Ushijima's number on it. "I just have never seen someone that dedicated to practicing before to even stay afterward. Even if it was their dream to continue playing after high school."

He nods softly and chuckles. "He takes it very seriously and that is all he worries about. Like if he is practicing enough or even if his technique is right. But it pushes all of us to work just as hard as him most times." He tilted his head softly and locked eyes with me. "What do you wanna do in the future Masumi?" 

I hummed softly and looked at him, nodding gently. "It makes sense he takes it very seriously. I take my dreams very seriously. But to answer your question sports medicine mostly. I enjoy helping people and sports have always been a passion of mine." I grinned a bit before glancing down at the notebook in front of me. A lot of the notes written in English instead of Japanese, small scribbles and different drawings plastered on the side of the pages

He glanced down softly and tilted his head confused. "English for your notes? Won't that be confusing to understand switching between both languages?" I smiled and shook my head softly while hearing the chiming of the afternoon bell to dismiss the school. Standing up slowly after putting the book into my bag slowly. 

"No, I can write a more detailed description in English because my Japanese is still a little weak. I can change them after practice if you ever need a copy though." I smiled gently as he grabbed the bag next to his desk. Walking next to the boy as we walked to the gym together. As we arrived he had excused himself to go change as I sat on one of the benches to wait for the practice to start, glancing down at a roster that I was given with most of their names and positions established.

~~~~~

1325