008

The breeze that passed through campus was cooler than what it was earlier. Stopping quietly to sit at a table with my phone out beside a building I was unfamiliar with. Staring down at my phone softly while listening to the small conversations of what seemed to be my future classmates and what sounded like the sound of shoes sliding across a wooden floor. A squeaking sound came from the only open door which caused a bit of annoyance to run through my veins.

The only thing on my mind at the moment was the other team members Semi was trying to tell me about earlier. I had a memo open with a few of their names and quick descriptions although one stood out to me more than normal. Specifically, Ushijima Wakatoshi. A third-year that I have yet to meet. Although, the description of the male was similar to the male that I had seen at the convenience store when Tendou was flirting with me.

I jumped a bit when I felt something bump into my ankle softly, looking down quickly at the ball that sat next to me. Bending down a bit to pick it up. Turning to hand the ball back to whoever had dropped it before freezing. Locking my own gray eyes with the same olive eyes from that night. "O-oh. Here you go." 

"Thanks." That was the only thing he said before gently taking the ball from my hands. Walking back to wherever he came from. I sat there for a second before turning back to my phone that had started ringing a bit. Standing up from the bench and walking to the truck my father was in a bit off.

I got in slowly, a bit confused. 'Thanks? That's it. A bit standoffish huh.' I accidentally let out a sigh gently causing my dad to look over confused.

"Berry, what's the matter? Those boys cause you trouble while unpacking?" Keishin hummed softly while starting up the engine while heading to where ever we were getting dinner. He glanced at me as I stayed quiet for a bit longer than I thought I was.

"Oh. No, we got everything unpacked. I told them a few stories and just spent some time to get each other I guess." I giggled a bit, leaning against the window next to me. Looking out the window softly while watching the road pass by as we drove. 

I felt him reach over and ruffle my hair softly and chuckled. "I guess they found your progress book huh? As long as you are having a good time then that is what matters kid." He grinned a bit as I nodded back to him, still thinking about the smallest interaction between that standoffish guy. I didn't want to assume it was Ushijima-san but I was pretty sure it was him.

I hummed gently to the radio as we spent most of the drive, in silence. Suddenly getting a bit of an idea. "Hey dad, can I meet the rest of your team? Since I am already enrolled in school and what not?" 

I watched as he tilted his head softly. Seemingly contemplating the idea for a few minutes. He seemed to have given in to the idea. "Well, I guess you're right. The first years have also been bragging about having met you before everyone else anyway. Should I tell them to meet us at the restaurant then?" I grinned and nodded quickly, reaching for his phone so that he could continue to drive. "The group chat for the boys should be the second text kiddo. Also, don't question my backgrounds those were my favorite pictures of us."

I laughed a bit at the background. Seeing two pictures of us making silly faces from on the plane. Rolling my eyes gently while looking for the group chat he was talking about. "Where are we going for dinner and what time should they be there?" 

"Just the restaurant down the road from the school. Try to be there within the hour." I nodded softly and looked down at his phone gently.

Crackhead children 

~coach ukai~ is typing

Coach Ukai:

You all said you wanted to meet Masumi, yes? Be at the restaurant near the school within the hour. Dinner is on me.

Hinata:

Yay! We get to see Masumi-san again!

Asahi:

See you then Coach

Nishinoya:

OOOOOOO! Is that who the first years have been talking about???? They said she was pretty bro!

Tanaka:

Brooooo I bet she is!!

Daichi:

Tanaka, Noya. Stop it and don't be late. Goes for you all.

Everyone:

Yes!

I giggled softly at the conversation and shook my head softly. Setting the phone back down where it was in the cupholder. "Do the first years talk that much about me at practice? I didn't think I made that much of an impact on them when they came into the store." I smiled a bit more than I was when I got into the truck as we pulled up next to the restaurant.

"Well, they talk about how nice you were. That and I don't know what you said to the lovebirds but they appreciated it."  He smiled softly while parking the truck, turning to me softly. "You know you don't have to push yourself in meeting these kids right? For your mental health and all."

"Dad, I think I will be okay. I mean I spent all day with Semi and Tendou. I don't think they can be much more than them.. right?" He looked at me in a bit of disbelief and shrugged a bit. Slowly getting out of the truck to help me out. 

Hoping out after him with a smile across my face, we walked inside. Letting him do most of the talking for the staff as I followed them back to a decently big table surprisingly. I had sat towards the end hopefully where my father would be sitting next to me. Later I would be surprisingly disappointed at how far I am from him during the entire dinner. 

A bit of time had passed before I could pick up on a lot of chatter from outside the room. I quickly set my phone down when the door opened to four of the boys I knew walking in arguing about who knows what before they all turned to me with a grin. "Masumi, it's nice to see you again!" Hinata laughed a bit while finding the spot across from me along with Kageyama as quiet as always.

"Can't you just chill out for five minutes?" I assumed came from Tsukishima, as the boy next to him, Yamaguchi, snickered a bit at the comment. I chuckled softly and rubbed my neck softly at the four of them with a smile.

"It's good to see you, boys, again too. How has practice been since dad is back? He hasn't been too rough on you guys since you found outright?" I leaned forward with my chin on my wrist while leaning on my elbows a bit. Seeing the two in front of me grinning and the other two rolling their eyes softly at the mention of the practice.

We chatted a bit about the duos special trick they had learned. I tried to make conversation with the other two but ended up only getting snarky remarks and a few times of Yamaguchi getting onto the salty boy next to him so I gave up. Focusing my conversations on the two in front of me. "So have you met Ushijima-san yet?? They say he is in the top three high school spikers in the nation!" I laughed at the question before jumping slightly when the door opened to a few boys I did not know yet.

~~~

1298

So updating is gonna be strange from now on. I am now having family issues and not work problems so be patient. But thank you for reading! <3