epilogue

a few years later...

after a lot of convincing and hyping up from his two best friends, sapnap finally picked up the courage to ask ava to marry him.

they'd been together for four years and it was clear both of them wanted to spend the rest of their lives together, so why not make it official.

so, on a random tuesday night in september which would turn into one of the best days of their lives, sapnap took his girlfriend out for a nice dinner at their favourite restaurant.

"this place is amazing." ava said in awe. "i'll never get used to coming here."

"it's beautiful, isn't it?" he replied, looking at her and not the fancy restaurant they were in.

they sat down at a table on the balcony. fair lights and lanterns hung from wooden posts while music played quietly in the background.

it was late at night, the sun had long gone down, the moon prominent in the sky. stars scattering the dark blue space surrounding them.

sapnap insisted they bought the most expensive thing on the menu, "what was life without a little fun?" was his reasoning.

ava could sense something was up, the jitteriness, the leg bouncing, constant fidgeting. sapnap was too far away from reality to realise how obvious he was making it that he was nervous.

he could feel his heart pounding in his chest, he wouldn't be surprised if the people at the table next to them could hear it. he'd never been this anxious for anything in his entire life.

he'd had his fair share of nerves, but nothing comes close to how he was feeling in this moment. he couldn't quite make out if the feeling in his stomach was from anxiety or excitement.

he waited for them to finish dessert, which took a while when you take into account how slow ava was at eating. "it gives you more time to savour it!" she always said.

once she'd finally put down her spoon, sapnap took a deep breath, a lot of mental preparing and he still felt like he had no idea what to say.

he had so much he wanted to tell her, how much he loved her, how he knew she was his soulmate from day one but he didn't know how to express it in words.

"ava," he let out a shaky breath, "i love you so much."

"i love you too, nick." she smiled softly at him, "thanks for taking us out tonight."

"of course." he smiled back, taking yet another deep breath, "but that's not all. i've loved you since the day we met. every time you made a stupid joke or made a tweet about how annoying i was, you made me feel a way no one ever had before."

he paused, trying to say what he needed to say without dragging it on, "i can't imagine my life without you, and i don't want to. i want to grow old with you and live in those tiny cottages you obsess over." ava was smiling, tears in her eyes knowing exactly what he was about to say.

"so," he said getting down on one knee, pulling the small crimson red box from his pocket, "will you marry me?"

"yes!" she gushed, "of course i will! i love you so much."

the couple were ecstatic to share the news, as soon as they got home the called dream and george round, ava proudly held her hand out to show the ring on her finger.

the two men were more than happy for their best friends, "finally!" george nudged sapnap, "only took you about five years."

"it was only four and a half!" sapnap defended himself, "i wanted the time to be perfect."

"i'm so happy for you guys." dream smiled ear to ear, "this is amazing."

"i better be best man." george added in, "i'm not going unless i am." he joked.

"what about me?" dream huffed, "what do i get to be?"

"maid of honour?" ava teased.

"yes!" he pointed towards her in excitement, "exactly that! with the flowy dresses and everything."

"i can arrange that." she nodded.

sapnap and ava were perfect for each other. a match made in heaven, if you will. they balanced each other out perfectly.

and they were going to spend the rest of their lives together... right?

authors note

only took like 2-3 months
for an epilogue 😋

if you even remember what
this story is about i'll be
very impressed

anyway, i have way more
fanfics now if you wanna
read them.

my personal favourite is
next door | dnf
which is almost complete
if you wanna go read it,
final chapter getting posted
in 3 days!

as always, take care <3

also not proofread :)