42

Vinnie's POV

Ellie was still sleeping peacefully. Her eyes were closed shut and her head was up against me. Our legs were intertwined. It upset me that she thought she was a hassle or someone that deserves nothing.

I stroked her hair and kissed her head. The more I'm with her, the less I can stand Emily. That's why I left the study group to go be with Ellie.

I admire that Ellie doesn't like to party or drink. She doesn't follow the crowd. I like that she's a stay at home type. I'd rather someone like that than someone who goes out partying and drinking.

"Bubbles" Ellie said in her sleep. I furrowed my brow. "Bubbles are fun" I smiled at her and watched her.

She was perfect. I don't understand why she doesn't think she's fine the way she is. She has a beautiful smile and can make me happy in seconds, she's kind and her laugh is the best sound.

I kissed her red cheeks, slid off her bed and walked around her room. I heard footsteps come upstairs and my eyes widened. "Ellie!" Emily shouted and Ellie woke up, climbing out of bed to shut the door. "Don't touch my stuff" She climbed back into bed and I followed, getting in beside her.

I stroked her hair until she fell back to sleep. I kissed her head and got off the bed again. There was papers pinned to the wall beside her desk.

It was a writing competition that she had won. I looked over at her and smiled. Blue and red ribbons were pinned to the wall. Why didn't she tell me about any of these?

There was some pictures of her and Daniel on her desk. It's so weird that Daniel dropped her like that. I walked back over and sat down on the bed, I lay down and closed my eyes.

Ellie's POV

I woke up in a dark room. I sat up and saw it was dark out. Vinnie was beside me sleeping, he was facing me and had his arms over his chest. I pulled some blankets over him and kissed him cheek.

"Baby?" He croaked in his sleep, making my insides tingle.

"Hm?" He opened his arms for me to lay into. I smiled and cuddled into him. "Can you spend the night?" I asked him.

"Okay" he croaked, kissing my neck and nuzzling into me.

—-

Today, our class got out of History five minutes earlier than normal. I put my folder into my locker and saw Daniel appear, with a smile on his face.

"Jasmine and I are hanging out at mine tomorrow, do you wanna come?" He asked and I furrowed my brow. "No thanks" I declined, grabbing my math stuff and closing my locker.

"Why?"

"I don't want to go" I told him, trying to stay calm.

"Did you want to do something else?"

"No, but have fun" I said and he tilted his head. "I said we can be friends, just not best friends"

"G-good to know"

"Ellie, why can't you understand?"

"What? That I annoy you?" I asked him. "You don't have to be friends with me because you feel bad. You're off the hook"

"I'm not friends with you because I feel bad. We've been friends since we were six"

"We were best friends since we were six" I said, correcting him.

"Don't be petty" He sighed

"Things do change, in this case, people change. Go do whatever with Jasmine and Evan"

"What about you? You'll only have Vinnie?"

"Don't worry about me" I started. "I never wanted you to"

"I want to be your friend"

"I don't want to be friends" I glared at him. "We're different and I don't want you to feel like you have to hang out with me. It was nice being friends with you though" I mumbled, walking away from him.