14

Ellie's POV

Vinnie: Good morning

Vinnie: Or afternoon when you read this

Me: Haha

Vinnie: How'd you sleep?

Me: Eh you ?

Vinnie: could've been better, wyd

Me: Getting ready for class

Vinnie: Fun, I have class today too

Vinnie: What about I pick you up after and we can go out?

Me: I don't get paid until next week

Vinnie: Ellie

Vinnie: I was hinting at a date

Me: Oh I'm still broke

Vinnie: I'm paying

Me: Oh

Me: Are you sure? We can go out next week

Me: or I can pay you back

Vinnie: I don't mind paying for you

Me: I bet that gets all the ladies

Vinnie: Shush I'll pick you up in 10

I put my phone away and put my shoes on. I took a look at myself in the mirror. I hate the way I look, I don't know why I bother.

I walked downstairs and saw Emily and James making out, heading upstairs. I brushed past them and took some water out of the fridge.

My phone buzzed, it was Vinnie saying he was outside. I closed the front door behind me and walked down my driveway.

I sat into his car. "Emily is home?"

"Unfortunately. She's with James upstairs"

"Ew"

"You're telling me" James was very muscly and tall. He's intimidating to me.

"Do you think he's cute?" Vinnie asked and I laughed. "No way!" Vinnie laughed and started driving.

"Do you have a type?"

"No" I replied. "I take what I can" I joked and he smiled. "You?"

He paused. "Brown hair, blue eyes, around 5'3, nice smile, enjoys food" He looked at me and smiled.

——

I just finished my English and my History class. I had a headache from all the information that just went into my brain.

"Hey, Ellie, right?" I looked up from my locker and saw the boy I was speaking to last week, Evan, his name is.

"Yeah h-hi"

"I wanted to ask you something-"

"Ellie, are you good to go?" Vinnie asked from beside me. Evan looked up at Vinnie and I bit my lip. "Yeah"

"Are you guys a thing?" He asked curiously. Before I had a chance to speak, Vinnie answered. "Yeah she's my girlfriend" Evan nodded and I stood there awkwardly.

"Nice seeing you Ellie" Evan said and I nodded. "You too"

He walked away and I looked at Vinnie. "I'm your girlfriend now?" I closed my locker and he narrowed his eyes at me. "What?"

"You know what I meant"

"He was just talking to me. I could've had a friend" Vinnie stopped walking.