35

Ellie's POV

It's been a month since Vinnie and I had dinner and it's been good since then, I think. It feels like what happened before, didn't happen. He's so different with me. I don't know if that's good or bad though.

We aren't together, together. We haven't talked about saying if we're dating again or if we're boyfriend or girlfriend.

"Ellie" Daniel said, interrupting my thoughts. I looked at him. "Daniel"

"Your boyfriend is talking to his ex" I looked over his shoulder and saw Vinnie talking to some girl with brown hair.

"He's not my boyfriend" I hummed

"So you wouldn't be pissed if they started making out?" He asked, I glared at him.

"I would be pissed, but they're talking, not kissing" I said, looking at him. "Why aren't you saying you're an item?"

"I don't know" I mumbled.

"You're stressful" He sighed. "I have to get to English, I'll see you later" I nodded and he walked away. I wish Daniel and I had lunch together. I closed my locker, turned around and jumped when I saw the girl Vinnie was talking to standing there.

She's beautiful, she had hazel eyes and she's tall. "Can we chat for a sec?"

"Do you have t-the right p-person?" Why does she want to talk to me?

"You're Emily's sister right?" I nodded. "I'll make it quick, stop trying with Vinnie"

I furrowed my brows. "I'm not with him"

"Why else is he defending you?" I opened my mouth to speak but she continued. "He's mine. I don't know why you're in the way, but you are. Look at you, compared to me" I bit my lip. "I'm everything guys want"

"I'm not with him" I told her again.

"Keep it that way"

Vinnie sat across from me as we talked. It was so hot today, I was sweating and it didn't help the school had their heat up full blast. I took my hoodie off and felt my body cool down a bit. "Are you going to keep that off all day?" He asked me

"I'm hot, I don't know"

"I know" I looked at him as he smirked.

"Not like that, I mean hot, hot. I'm sweating"

"It is warm in here" He started. "You should keep it on"

"Is there a stain on my shirt?" I asked, pulling out my shirt to have a look.

"No it's okay"

"Then, what's wrong?"

"I just want you to keep it on" He said, smiling.

"But I'll be sweating?"

"Ellie" He started. "Keep it on"

"Why?" I asked, laughing. He moved closer to me and pecked my lips. "I like the hoodie" I poked his face.

"I'll get heat stroke with it on" I said, laughing. Vinnie hugged his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek. "I'll call the ambulance for you"

"Does the shirt look bad?" He shook his head. "I just don't any people to stare"

I looked at him. "No one does, unless it's to laugh at me"

"Ellie, I don't want people looking at your boobs"

"Oh" I started. "Why?"

"They're noticeable"

"You'd rather me have heat stroke than for guys to look at my boobs? No guy thinks I'm attractive"

"I do" I narrowed my eyes at him. "Still hard to believe"

"Don't say that" He said, playing with my fingers. "You're beautiful" I bit my lip and he leaned in to kiss my lips.

"Want to hang out after school?" I asked him and he frowned. "I have to work on a project with Naomi for history"

"Who's that?" I asked him.

"Oh, she's the girl I was talking to earlier" Oh, she's the girl who told me to stay away. "I didn't see her"

"At seven? If we're down by then, I'll come by and bring food?"

I nodded. "Okay" I smiled at him. "I think there's something wrong with me"

"What?"

"My height" Vinnie smiled. "I'm serious, I'm tiny"

"You're fun size"

"I don't make it your shoulders. You don't feel like I'm a middle schooler?" Vinnie laughed and looked at his phone. "No. Period is over in two minutes"

It's now half six and Jasmine is over to study with me for English. "Are you hungry?"

She nodded. "I was gonna get some water"

"I'll grab it"

"Wow, you're nice to say" Jasmine said, smirking at me.

"I have bad cramps and I need to walk them off" She laughed and I walked out of my room and headed downstairs.

I saw James, Emily's boyfriend in the kitchen. I didn't pay attention to him, I just went over to the fridge and opened it.

"Hey, Ellie" I turned around and looked at him.

"Hey" I mumbled. He looked at me and smirked. He locked his phone and looked back at me. I started to walk away, when he stopped me by speaking. "You look nice"

I furrowed by eyebrows at him and continued walking away. What was that?

Vinnie came over at seven, as promised, with cheese burgers and fries. We were under the blankets on my bed. "Wanna hear something weird?"

"Yeah?" Vinnie said, looking at me.

"James spoke to me earlier" Vinnie furrowed his brows at me. "Emily's boyfriend James?"

I nodded. "Weird, right?" I scrunched up my face. He nodded. "What did he say?"

"He said I looked nice? Isn't that weird?" Vinnie nodded, the tension was clear on his face. "What's wrong?"

"Obviously you look nice but do you think he cheats on Emily?"

"I don't know" I said, lying down. "He was flirting with you so he must do it to other girls"

"You're a protective friend" Vinnie looked at me and I smiled at him. I wanted to say she deserved it, but I kept that to myself.

"It's fucked up" I nodded and he lay down beside me. He cuddled himself into my back. His legs wrapped over mine and he rested his hand on my stomach. "Let me know if he says anything like that again"

"Vinnie-"

"Don't Vinnie me" He said, kissing my cheek. "Will you tell me?"

"Will it lead to more hints to see if he's cheating?" I said, laughing.

"Does it not bother you?" He started. "Him talking you like that?"

I shook my head. "No. Well he scares me and he towers over me like everyone else" I squirmed when a cramp hit me. "You okay?"

"Great" I said, squirming in pain.

"Cramps?"

I nodded and he places his hand under my stomach and applies pressure to it.