22

Ellie's POV

It was the day after the party and I was over in Vinnie's house.

"What did you do with your night?" He asked me.

"Nothing" I said. "How was t-the party?"

He smiled. "Fun" I nod and silence filled the room. "What's wrong? You look tense"

"I'm not tense" I said, defending myself.

"Is it because I called you a goody two shoes?"

"I've been called worse" I said, scoffing.

"I don't know why you'd be mad when you are one"

"Your compliments suck" I said and he rolled his eyes.

"You don't like to be young-wait that sounded worse" I rolled my eyes and moved a bit away from him. "Ellie, you know what I mean"

"I'm sorry I don't find drinking every Friday until I get shit faced fun. I'm sorry that I don't like to be at a house party with everyone I hate, get drunk and possibly assaulted, because knowing how every guy at school is, I can see them drugging a girl. Is there anything else I do that annoys you? Being young doesn't mean I have to drink, smoke or have sex. Being young is enjoying being young and enjoying shit you like. I don't like to party, I don't like to drink so don't be expecting me to jump for joy when you say you're going to a party" I ranted to him and he stared at me.

"Okay" Was all he said. I rolled my eyes and stood up. "Where are you going?"

"Home" I said

"You just got here?"

"I don't know what to say when your giving me looks like I'm-"

"I'm not giving you a look Ellie. Stop being anxious all the time" Vinnie said, cutting me off.

"Should I stop breathing too?" I asked him. "So I'll work on being more young and stop being anxious. What else should I change?"

"I'm not asking you to change. I'm just saying you need to stop worrying. You act like two beers are going to kill me" I opened my mouth. "And I don't want fucking numbers that they say in health class about how it damages your brain" I closed my mouth and he ran his hand through his hair.

"It wasn't from health class"

"You said you weren't going to lecture me" He hummed.

"It's my way of saying I fucking care about you!" I snapped. "I do it with everyone decent in my life who does stuff I don't like. I like to ask questions and put in my advice to make sure they don't do anything stupid"

His eyes softened. "That was the nicest thing you've said to me" He joked and I rolled my eyes. I walk towards the door and he stands in front of me. "I'm joking, relax"

"Stop telling me to relax. You have no idea what it's like being me" He put his hand on my lower back and kissed my cheek.

"I'm sorry okay, I was a prick" He pulled me into a hug and rests his chin on my head. "Thank you for caring about me"

"Yeah"

"None of my friends tell me to be careful when I'm going to parties. It's nice that my girlfriend cares enough to remind me"  I looked up at him. "I mean it" He kissed my forehead. "I'm sorry for sounding like you needed to change when you're fine the way you are. I was just trying to say in a dumb way that I want you to relax a bit more"

I looked into his eyes and leaned in to kiss him. "I care about you too" He mumbled and I pecked his lips.