55

Ellie's POV

I convinced Daniel to text James and they were going out on a date tonight, which was good. I was in the kitchen, making myself some soup when I heard Emily's voice.

"I'm going out, if mom calls, tell her I'm at Jessica's" I nodded. There was a big party tonight and of course, Emily was going.

"Have fun" I mumbled. She smiled and me and left the house.

Vinnie's POV

I am drunk. I don't know what I'm doing and I can barely think but I like it this way. The music was pumping and I sipped my vokda. Bryce staggered over to me.

"What do you want?" I managed to ask

"Look" He poked my chest. "Back off when I talk to Ellie"

"What?"

"In art class, when I talk to her, don't but in, okay?" He slurred

"Why?" I asked laughing

"Because I want to fuck her. And I need her trust" I chugged my drink and put the empty glass on the table.

"Why do you want to be with her?"

"Not be with her" He laughed. "I want to fuck her and move on. Imagine how much she'd be laughed at then"

"Why? Because your dick is small?" He glared at me and I smiled.

"No dickhead" He said, poking my chest.

"Mess with someone else" I slurred. "Someone your type"

"She is my type. Big boobs, nice ass, innocent"

"Walk away" I said, pushing him back.

"Are you jealous?" He smirked.

"She's mine I'm not fucking jealous" I spat and he still stood there. "Walk away"

"No" He mumbled, he tried to walk towards me but he tripped on something. "I just want to use her once"

"She's a person that you need to leave alone"

"Just wait till I get my way with her"

I didn't know what happened after that. Next thing I know, Bryce was on the floor bleeding and my eye and nose were throbbing.

"What the fuck Vinnie?" Emily snapped. "Are you drunk?"

"Me?"

"You never get drunk at parties" She looked at me. "Don't tell me your doing this to get Ellie out of your head"

"What else can I do?" I asked, reaching over to grab another beer. She grabs it and puts it to the side. "Your nose is bleeding, let's go"

"Where? My house?"

"Do you want your mom to see you like this?" She asked and I stayed quiet. "Give me your keys"

"Ellie's at the house" I slurred and Emily pulled my arm and led me to the front door.

"Sit down" She said as we walked into her living room. I sat down and my head started to throb. "How many did you have?"

I tried to remember. "13 maybe" Emily slapped my arm. "What drink got you so buzzed?"

"Number 9"

"Emily, are you home?" I heard a voice call and I looked at Emily. "I'll be back" She said and walked away.

I touched my nose with my palm and looked and saw a lot of blood. "That's not good" I mumble, becoming more drunk then sober.

Ellie's POV

I walked into the living room and saw Vinnie looking up at the ceiling. The first thing I noticed was his bloody nose and my heart dropped.

"Hi" He slurred as I walked towards him. He was drunk, he never gets drunk. "I'm Vinnie" He was that drunk, he didn't know who I was.

"Hi" I mumbled. "Let's clean your nose"

"Is it red?" I nodded and bit my lip.

"There's a first aid box in the kitchen, let's go" Vinnie stood up and almost fell back down onto the chair.

"Sit at the island" I pointed to the island chair. Vinnie nodded and sat at it. I kneeled down and grabbed the first aid box, paper towels and some water.

I sat everything at the table and looked at Vinnie. "What happened to your nose?" I looked and saw his eye starting to become swollen too. "And your eye"

"I was at a party and got into a fight"

"Why was there a fight?" I asked, taking the disinfecting spray out of the first aid bag.

"This guy" He started. "Bryce said something to piss me off" I looked at him. "You look a lot like my girlfriend" My heart started racing. "Her name is Ellie, do you know her?"

I didn't answer him. "What started the fight anyway? You can't punch someone because they annoy you"

"It was about my baby though" He said and I felt like crying. "She's mad at me right now but I hope we'll be okay" I sprayed the paper towel.

"This is going to sting" Vinnie nodded and I dabbed the cut. "Why is she mad at you?"

"A while back I did something stupid" He started. "I wish I didn't do it. I made a bet with some stupid girl and the bet was on Ellie. I stopped it before we were friends but she won't believe me"

My heart was on the verge of breaking. "Oh" I said and picked up a new paper towel.

"I miss her, I haven't spoken to her in a week" He sighed. "She's my everything. I never get  drunk but it was all I had to take my mind off her, for now. She hates when I drink at parties" He rambles on. "I love her and I don't want to lose her, you know?"

I nodded. "Yeah" I put on a bandage over his nose.

"Thanks for letting me vent" he said and I nodded. "Can this be a secret? I don't want Emily to know I got this drunk?"

"Yeah" I lead him to the couch and he lay down, letting out a breath. "Do you think she'll forgive me?"

"Maybe" I said. "Goodnight"

"Night"