55: Shock

Ana's POV

Recognizing the two people behind my scream, I calm, my heart still pounding as I take in deep breathes. "You scared me!"

"We noticed," Oluchi responds, tilting her head at an angle as she is clothed in a short loose thigh-length dress.

"How did you get in?" I ask, still aiming to call my rationale to order.

"Did you forget we live with you in this perimeter?" Joe raises a question, knotting the strings of his red and yellow mosaic shorts and staring at me as if I'm a dumbass.

"Plus the fact that the backdoor might be open and we being not only your neighbors but closest friends have full access to use it?" Oluchi interrogates, scoffing at my reaction.

"Still, that doesn't give you the right to scare me into a ghost!" I clamor, surprised at their nonchalant responses.

"But you are still alive," she shrugs, dismissing my exclaim.

"Also, we didn't mean to scare you," Joe notifies, we only caught you off guard that's all.

"Yeah, why wouldn't you, when I just got a news that has left me astounded and my reasoning faculty not functioning as it should," I confess, walking to them.

"About that.." Oluchi trails, "did we hear correctly?"

"I'm referring to what Ike said before he left," she clarifies as I seize the opportunity to seat on the armrest of the adjacent chair.

The full edition is available on POPINK
Download the app on Google Play or Apple store, search 'A Very Sticky Situation' and add it to your favorites

To get updates about my books.
Please follow me up on
Freshy Gore Writes: Facebook
Freshy Focus: Facebook Page
Freshy Gore: Instagram
Freshy Gore: Twitter
+2348113775889: WhatsApp

Don't forget to tap that little star at the left end of your screen. Thank you😊

Freshy