16: Apology

Ana's POV

"I hate coming down here," Glory speaks up as we descend the stairs to the factory area.

"Yeah," I respond, swerving my head backward to bestow her a knowing glimpse. "Because you are lazy."

"I am not!" She clamors in defense of my statement.

"Believe it or not," I shrug, snorting.

"You are the lazy one," she announces in a stern glare.

"You don't see me denying it," I laugh, my bare shoulders shaking in laughter as I'm donning a white polka dot blue background off-the-shoulder blouse and black Aphrodite pants, my blue heels clicking on the stairs.

"You better not," she mumbles, following closely behind.

"Don't worry I wouldn't," I voice as we approach the noisy and busy area of the factory. "But right now I think you are in competition with me on that one."

"Ah," she gasps and pauses as we reach. "That's a lie."

"We'll settle that dispute another time," I utter close to her as my eyes observe the wide expanse. Able-bodied bare-chested men moving here and there, lab scientists in the corner with their lab coats carrying out a few experiments, the sounds of machines and engines, and most of all the distinct air that feels the area.

Some people like Glory who clamps her nose at the scent of the place might find it disgusting but I for one love the mixture of smoke, the smell of raw materials, grease, and of course sweat caused by the heat emitted from the machines.

The ceiling fans rotating above do nothing to help as it is set to a slow rotation so as not to trigger a fire and at the same time reduce the risk of suffocation.

"The fact you enjoy this environment still makes me wonder how weird you can be," Glory grunts, her voice coming out funny thus her nose is held closed by her thumb and forefinger.

The full edition is available on POPINK
Download the app, search 'A Very Sticky Situation' and add it to your favorites

To get updates about my books.
Please follow me up on
Freshy Gore Writes: Facebook
Freshy Focus: Facebook Page
Freshy Gore: Instagram
Freshy Gore: Twitter
+2348113775889: WhatsApp

Don't forget to tap that little star at the left end of your screen. Thank you😊

Freshy