Chapter 12: Another day

VERONIA...

Balu Meda is currently inside her makeshift tent, along with her last few remaining allies.

A table sat in the middle of them, a few candles and a map was in place.

Balu Meda was the first to speak among them after opening her eyes.

"I've spoken with the gods." She said.

The other men in the room turned to her, curiousity visible on their faces.

"A new player has entered the game, and more would come in the future" she stated to everyone.

"What does that mean?" One of the men inside the tent asked.

Balu Meda turned towards him and smiled.

"It means we can get ourselves an ally, a powerful one." She said, "And it also meant we can have the chance to finally avenge our chieftain."

The men had a look of confusion in their faces, curious as to who their new allies would be.

"Then who might be these allie-" one of the men couldn't finish his question as the tent's flap suddenly opened.

They all turned towards the sound and saw a warrior walk inside the tent.

"Priestess" he bowed before continuing.

"A group of our warriors that was held prisoners by the otherworlders has managed to escape and found their way here." The warrior explained.

Everyone immediately stood up at this, joy and happiness visible on their faces.

"Wonderful, another number to our growing army!" one of the men stated happily.

"Such brave men, we need those kind of warriors." another one said.

As everyone gave their own opinions about this, Balu Meda however simple smiled at this.

------------------------------------------------------------

"WHAT?!" Qhoris screamed in front of Jordan's face.

Jordan only stood still despite getting spitted at and berated by his superior.

"You'd let those primitive bitches escaped?" Qhoris continued, his fist clenching in anger.

"I-I'm sorry, It appea-" Jordan's defense was cut short as Qhoris interrupted him.

"Sorry's not going to bring them back."
Qhoris countered, shutting up Jordan for good.

"They're probably going to tell their superiors about us here, our location, the numbers of our army, and the way we fight." Qhoris stated, his anger slowly fading.

He then took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Execute every prisoners we have, except for that woman we captured recently." Qhoris ordered.

Jordan then lighten up at this.

He saluted Qhoris before walking away, a grin forming on his face.

------------------------------------------------------------

Pain, it was the first thing Henry felt after waking up.

He also realized that his whole body was covered with bandages, including both of his eyes.

"Ughh." he stuttered under shaking and heavy breaths.

He tried to get up but suddenly he felt two hands grab him and forced him down on the bed.