Chapter 3: The raid

VERONIA...

A group of men from Qhoris's army were sent to pillage the nearby burning village for supplies.

They were numbering about a few dozen men and a couple of trucks for carrying the supplies.

The one leading them is captain Henry of the 3rd guard platoon, all serving under Michael, apparantly they were detached from their main unit for this mission and were given the permission to act independent.

The 3rd guard platoon belonged to the Guard corps and is one of the best units in Qhoris's army.

They are well-trained, well-armed, and are veterans of dozen battles in Qhoris'
war for conquest.

Not only that, they are one of the very first and original units in Qhoris's army during the early stages of the war.

Apparently, the following units that came with Qhoris to the other side were
the Guard corps, which comprised of twelve platoons and is led by Michael,
originally they were about a hundred platoons grouped into bigger units but due to the war, its size has decreased significantly.

The next one were the remnants of the
Red brigade who were reformed and reorganized into a smaller cavalry unit called the 3rd armored unit, they are mostly comprised of fighting vehicles from the Red brigade who got wiped out at the battle for Atlanta, the 3rd armored unit is led by a commander named Lisa.

The next one were Jordan's personnal unit who were comprised mostly of mercenaries called the Red legion,
they were hired after Jordan's original unit were wiped out at the battle for Boston.

The next one are comprised mostly of men from their last fortress garrison called the 8th defense regiment, and were led by commander Hades, they are comprised of former members
from the 64th skirmish unit and the
Red brigade who were detroyed at the battle for Atlanta.

The next one were the Purple brigade,
with their traitorous leader dead, and a new commander named Matthew was appointed, it's loyalty to Qhoris was finally back to normal again, they were
once originally a wealthy and powerful
community, but that was until they were defeated and subjugated by Qhoris, afterwards they were turned into an auxiliary unit and was renamed Purple brigade.

And the last one were Qhoris personnal
guards called the 1st elite rangers, led
by one of Qhoris's most trusted ally and friend Robert, it's members were the deadliest of all the deadly killers in the wasteland, handpicked by the Supreme-
leader himself.

All of these units are united into a single army, with Qhoris being the commander in chief while Marcus
serving as it's vice commander.

'If only the rest of the units are here' Henry thought as he rode inside the truck along with his men.

By the time they arrived at the village, they were met by a few curious people,
armed with weapons, mixed feelings and expressions are visible on their faces.

Some were awed, some were terrified, and some were wary, not long after, a man suddenly went running towards the forming crowd and pointed at the convoy.

They began to talk amongst each other in a language unknown to the men in the convoy.

After a few minutes, the crowd suddenly stared at the convoy and raised their spear towards them as slowly move forward.

But Henry already had the gist of the situation and had some men mounted on the machine gune turrets above the trucks, it's gonna be a bloodbath.

The driver immediately stepped on the pedal on Henry's order, propelling the truck forward, followed by the other one behind.