I get into the short line. Once I get to the bouncer, he looks at me suspiciously. 

"Do you have a ID?" he asks.

"Yes, give me a second." I pull out a card from my jean pocket.

"Here." I say handing him the card. He looks at it then me.

"You don't look like your twenty six." his deep voice says.

"Really? Thank you! I wish I was still a youngster like my children..." I say, obviously lying.

He annoyingly sighs and motions for me to get inside. I hear the music and the feeling in my stomach makes me feel pumped. 

This is what I came here for. This feeling.

I walk in, feeling welcomed. I see the crowds of people dancing and kissing. 

I get into the crowd and turn around, to my surprise a really pretty woman is in front of me.

"Hey! What's your name?" She says over the loud music.

"Landon! Yours?" I say back.

"Allison! Wanna make out?" She says, smiling hardly.

"Is that even a question?" She smirks and leans into my face. Once her lips land on mine, her smiles starts fading. One of her hands trailing my jawline and the other one on my chest. I pull her in closer and my lips starts to pull into a smile.

She leans away and gasps. "Wow, you're one good kisser." 

"Says you." I grin.

She laughs and she gives me one last kiss before walking to the bar.

I walk towards the poles. 

What am I even doing?

I sit down with the bundle of people cheering and whistling. I turn to my side and see a familiar face.

Kitty?

"Oh my god! Landon!" She says to me, still trying to process that she's here.

"Kitty.." I say, while she pulls me in for a hug. 

"What are you doing at a strip club?" She laughs. Seeing her for the first time in forever, makes me feel guilty for some reason.

"I could ask you the same question." I say, trying to look at anything but her face. 

"Fair enough." She says, still smiling like an idiot.

She sighs and crosses her arms.

"This is funny. Two exes at a strip club, tell me that's not ironic." She says looking at the ladies on the pole.

I chuckle and nod my head. 

"So..why aren't you in riverside?" I say, really taking in her presence.

"Well..since you moved, it's been really boring there. I just wished you'd come back." She says.

"Anyway." She says before I can say anything.

"Have you made any new friends?" She says, I can tell she's faking a smile. 

"Yeah, actually. There's these two girls. Sakura and Eve. They helped me a lot with making friends." I say, looking at her.

"R- really?" She says, gulping. She quickly looks the other way.

"Are you okay?" I say, concerned.

She looks at me and blinks hardly. "I'm great, wanna get a drink?" She says.

"Um, okay." I nod my head.

We get up and walk towards the bar. I sit down and see the girl I made out with earlier. She's talking to another guy. 

I kind of want to get laid. I've only done it like five times. I'm not an expert or anything, I would of course want to though. Every time I've done it, the girl would always tell me what to do. Looking back at it, I wouldn't even pleasure them.

Embarrassing for me. 

"I don't wanna drink a lot. I'm driving." I say, looking around the club.

"Okay, that's fine." She says.

"I'll get a.." Kitty pauses and looks the menu. "A mojito." She finishes her sentence.

"What about you?" She says.

I look at the menu and point my finger to one of the names.

"That." I say.

"A blue margarita? Okay.." She laughs.

We get our drinks and I quickly drink mine. Silently hurting inside from the burning in my throat.

"Alright, Kitty. I gotta go. I'll drink too much if I stay." I say. That's a lie, I just don't want to talk to her anymore. It's awkward.

"Alright! Until next time." She says and disappears into the crowd.

I look around for the exit and I spot it across the nightclub.

---------------------------------------------

I arrive at my house, my parents are still not here. I know why my mom is always busy at work. She's a fashion designer for multiple different brands. My dad's had his own bank company. I would get a job, but my parents say that families who's children works are poor. 

Yeah, they really don't like poor people. Did I mention that?

I check my phone. The time reads 11:46 pm, December 20th.

I get to my room and sit on my bed. 

Oh, I really hate myself.

I won't try and push away the thoughts this time, because it's right. I do hate myself.

There's not really anything I love about me. Shit, I literally just went to nightclub while my friends were suffering. 

I'm a horrible person.

Matter of time before Eve finds that out.

A wave of melatonin washes over me. I don't even bother to change, I get into my blanket and soon enough I fall asleep.

-------------------------------------------

a/n: Like I said, not my best chapter...I promise the next one will be A LOT better!! Anyway, if you enjoyed this chapter remember to vote!! 

tiktok is 'whenthestarssawus' for more content on this book

remember to take care of yourselves!! I love you all so much <3