Chapter 28 - Freedom

Everyone looks at me and my mother as we stare each other down. Mother's eyes burn with such ferocity, I'm surprised she isn't already beating me to a pulp. But I don't show my fear as I smirk.

"I'm almost mad at myself for not doing this sooner. Exposing you and destroying your reputation and showing everyone who you really are." I see her fist clench through the corner of my eye.

"Maybe two years of therapy wasn't enough." The woman says to me.

~trigger warning~

She paid off a therapist to help manipulate me when I was 13. My own mother also told him that he could do whatever he wanted to me.

The mention of this makes the blood drain from my face.

2 years. 3 days a week. I'd walk into his office and he give me that sickening smile. A couple moments after, he'd be touching me.

Whispering to me.

Holding me down.

Using my body for his own pleasures.

My last session with him was a couple months ago. Only a little bit before I moved out. I still have nightmares about it.

Before I can get myself together, I feel my lungs stop their flow of air and my muscles seize up. I fall to my knees, my mother smiling down at me.

Voices...

Eyes staring...

Hands reaching...

People...

I'm scared...

My eyes blur as I breathe in less and less oxygen. But when something comes in front of me, blocking my mother from view, I focus them on the person.

A worried voice...

Gentle hands...

Kind eyes...

I'm safe...

Arms wrap around me and I lean into them. I close my eyes, breathing in his calming scent. I feel his warmth seep into my cold bones. My muscles loosen and I begin breathing easier.

I open my eyes to find that I've been leaning on his shoulder. I blink before seeing my mother still standing there, her eyes frightening. That crazy glint and intense coldness.

Izuku must feel it because I feel him shaking slightly.

I frown, a sudden burst of protective instinct making my energy return. I pat the boy as a way to tell him to let me go. When I stand up, he looks up at me before standing as well.

I glare at the woman once more. I dangerous smile forms on her face. But then... One forms on mine.

She's a bit taken aback at this as I form anger and coldness in my gaze.

"What a mother you are." I activate my quirk and take a step towards her. She looks me up and down, confused and almost frightened. "Maybe I do have a mental illness. But not one that involves punching myself in the stomach. That role was reserved for you." I take another step.

My hand raises into the air and I point a finger gun at her face.

Now it's her own face that turns white and she takes a step back.

"But I think I'm gonna fire you now."

Before I can do anything, she grabs my wrist and tries to take my energy. When I don't flinch, she stares at me with shock and I give her a lazy half smile.