Chapter 27: Confusing Reunion

Start from the beginning

"I'm right behind you, Matt. You don't have to shout."

Matt whirled around to Arthur's exasperated face. "Arthur!! Aha!! I need your help. Do you have tea?"

Arthur held up a plastic grocery bag. "I ran out, so I just went and bought more." He smiled, and Matt grinned back.

Arthur guestured for Matt to follow him into his hotel room, and he did.

Arthur made them both a cuppa, and sat down on the bed. Matt sat in a chair adjacent to him.

"So, how are you and that girl, um, Lizzy, doing?"

Matt ducked his head in minor embarrassment. "Really good. I miss her a lot. . ."

Arthur smiled. "Aww."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Later that evening, Matt was laying on his stomach, in bed, reading, when his phone rang. He answered quickly, on the first ring, knowing who it was immediately, by the ring tone.

"Hello!"

"Hello, Matt!" Lizzy was a little bit hard to understand, from the cacophony of voices in the background, including a few echos of "hi!" "Hey!" And "hello!"

"Am I on speaker phone?"

"Yeah! I was just going to call you and ask if you were still okay with Skyping tonight, even though I'm with friends, and somebody," Matt wasn't sure who Lizzy was glaring at, but he knew her well enough to know that somebody was. "Decided that you needed to be on speaker phone."

Matt laughed brightly. "No worries. And yeah, I'm still up for Skype. Just let me grab my laptop. While I do so, who all am i speaking to?"

The girls all called out their names.

"Rhi!" Obviously the bravest.

"Cece."

"Jayce here!"

"Also Jackie."

"And I'm Cate. ." The final voice was quiet.

As they all called out their names, he leaned over the edge of the bed to grab the computer. His finger tip nearly touched it. He leaned a bit further. His fingers brushed the smooth surface, cool from unuse. He leaned a little bit further, and his clumsiness sent him tumbling off the bed.

Thump. "Aaaah!!"

"Are you alright, Matt?" He heard a chorus of giggling girls in the background.

He popped up so his head was above the edge of the bed, even though he knew that Lizzy couldn't see him. "Yeah! I'm fine!" He chambered back up onto the bed, laptop in hand, and sat down, legs folded. He fired it up and opened up Skype. "Ready?"

"Yeah! None of them believe that my boyfriend's name is actually Matt Smith." Lizzy hung up.

Matt clicked on her Skype name, LizzythePenguin (which he thought was totally adorable), and waited for her to answer. When she did, he got a video feed of six girls, it looked like four were sitting on the floor, and two were sitting on the bed above them. They were all talking and laughing, when almost all at once, four girls (all of them besides Jayce and Lizzy) went wide eyed, jaw dropped.

And Jayce and Lizzy cracked up. When their laughter began to die down, Matt spoke. "Hello, everyone! I'm Matt, Lizzy's boyfriend. Would you all mind introducing yourselves once more for me? I'd like to start putting names with faces. Even though I'm terrible with names."

Silence. Lizzy and Jayce grinned.

"Um, alright. Let's start with you, on the top, left side. My left, that is. Your right." He spoke to a girl with auburn hair and brown eyes, with a dusting of freckles across her nose and cheek bones. She wore a dress with a scene from the movie Peter Pan on the skirt. Cute.

"Me?" The girl stuttered out. She was obviously quite shy. "I'm Cate. . "

"Cate. Alright. Nice to meet you, Cate. Now. . ."

The girl next to Cate caught what he was hinting at. She had dark brown hair and eyes to match. She was also wearing a dress, though hers was much shorter than Cate's, and strapless, with black lace over top of the white fabric. "I'm Cece. . ."

She seemed purely amazed by his presence. Or, well, image. Whatever. Amazed in general. "Cece. Okay. Aannd. . "

The girl on the far left, on the bottom layer, spoke up. Blue eyes and red hair. She wore a blue button down top and white skirt. Was is not cold in California in the winter???? "I'm Jackie."

Aha. She was the mutual friend that helped Jayce surprise Lizzy.

The next girl, green eyed and clear skinned spoke up. She was on the far right, with Jayce next to Jackie, and then Lizzy, and then her. He noticed an engagement ring on her finger when she brushed her hair away from her face, which confused him a bit since her shirt said "Who needs a boyfriend?" He decided to just go with it. "I'm Rhi!" She seemed very bubbly and confident.

"Rhi. Alright. Hello everyone!" He wiggled his fingers in an awkward wave.

"Wait!" Lizzy spoke up. "This is Jay." Matt figured that Lizzy took Jay's lack of introduction for stunned silence. Did she not know they knew eachother?

"Oh, I know Jayce."

Lizzy's brows furrowed in confusion. She opened and closed her mouth a few times, but nothing came out. Then she was finally able to make words, if not coherent sentances. "You--but how do you--I never said--how is that--just--" She took a breath. "What??"
---------------------------------------
A/N: Oooh. What's gonna happen??

Jk lol. I know exactly what's going to happen.

Anyways!! How are you guys liking these chapters? All of them, as well as the Author's Notes, are prewritten. That time I didn't update for two and a half weeks? Yeah, after that, I preceded to write about four chapters in the span of three days. That's the major reason I decided to do two updates a week, and possibly the same days each week. Maybe. If so, I'll probably update Wednesdays and Sundays. Maybe. We'll see. But there should definitely be and least two chapters a week, maybe more. Depending on how far ahead I can get.

Welp,

~Kay