Tax Collectors

"so, you're sure Asami won't mind us borrowing her airship?" Korra asked as her and Anima flew through the sky "sure she won't but if she does I'll just give her my puppy eyes and all will be forgiven" Anima showed Korra her puppy eyes making her laugh "they are very cute no wonder you use them with me" Korra says as she looks outside, she could see a small town.

"is that the place?" Anima asked "yeah, put the airship just there" Korra pointed and Anima carefully lowered and landed the ship, the two then proceeded to walk out and saw a nearly run down town "I don't like the looks of this" Korra says while she looked at Anima "let's hurry up and get out of here" she added as they approached some guards "are you here to pick up the tax shipment?" he asked.

Anima nodded "go and put it on the airship" she says pointing back with her thumb, the guards then proceeded to put the green bags of money into a cart and then walked towards the airship "this is easy, the earth queen just sent us for no reason" Anima scoffed before a red flare could be seen launching its way into the sky "you just had to jinx us didn't you" Korra sighed frustratedly as many barbarians came rushing in on motorcycles surrounding the two.

One barbarian got off his motorcycle and stood a few meters away from the two spirit mates with his hands on his hips "step away from the gold, ladies, and you won't get hurt" he says making Anima laugh a little "you? Hurt us? I'm sorry but we are taking this gold back to the stupid earth queen"

The man smiled as he walked closer "aw, we love gals with spirit suit yourself" he then attempted to kick Korra, who then pushed him away with earth bending as Anima sent a wave of air knocking three people off their motorcycles and sending them to a not so soft impact into a wall.

Anima then noticed two people picked up a bag of money and was attempting to ride off with it "Korra Catch!" Anima shouted as she sent a spirit energy ball Korra's way, she then caught it and swiftly sent it towards the barbarians which knocked them off balance sending them in a very painful stop with the floor as the brakes.

The two spirit mates fought the rest of the barbarians off making the others retreat "you're on the wrong side Avatar! That gold belongs to the people not the queen!" the main leader shouted as they retreated.

The two looked at each other and sighed "we know he's right, the earth queen doesn't deserve anything the people have to offer" Anima said with disgust as she picked up the money bags and put them back into the cart "but we need her help to find air benders, so we have to do it" Korra sighed sadly as she looked around seeing the poor people.

"come on, Korra, we can't stay here to long" Anima softly held Korra's hand with a soft smile before placing the last bag into the cart and pushed it along to the airship.

Once on bored Anima wasted no time with getting them into the air, once in the air Anima pointed the air ship in the right direction and went to sit in a chair that was in the corner of the room with a table and another chair for Korra to sit.

Anima looked at the Avatar and saw the conflicted look in Korra's navy blue eyes "I know you're torn up about this, but after all this finding airbenders business, we can go back and help them" Korra let a faint smile come to her face, "it would be nice to help those people, the earth queen must tax them a lot, did you see the size of those bags?" Korra asked and Anima nodded.

"there has to be at least 500 yuans in each bag and there's 5 bags it's unbelievable" Anima then leaned back into her chair as she stretched and groaned "when we get back I'm not going anywhere near the earth queen, I'll want to earth bend her so far underground nobody will hear her stupid voice" Korra nodded understanding the purple eyed girls reasons why she didn't want to see the earth queen.

After the journey back to the centre ring in Ba Sing Se Anima landed the airship and while Korra went to go see the oh so delightful earth queen again, Anima went back to the house and saw Asami looking a little worried "Sami what's wrong?" Anima asked and Asami walked quickly towards the taller woman "I haven't seen Mako or Bolin since yesterday, I'm really worried about him-them" Asami says as she had one arm wrapped over her stomach and the other near her face with her hand playing with her bottom lip.

Anima went closer to Asami and brought her into a hug "they're most likely fine, if it makes you feel better I'll go and look for them" Anima suggested but Asami shook her head "no, you're right they can both handle themselves, I'm just really worried for no reason"

Anima chuckled as she let go of the Sato girl "why don't we go outside and look at clouds?" Anima suggested making Asami smile "that sounds nice, remember when we did it as kids?" Asmai asked as they went outside "yeah, I liked it remember when I spotted a saber-tooth rabbit" the purple eyed girl then sat down and laid on the grass, Asmai copying her "you screamed, it was hilarious" Asami laughed as Anima rolled her eyes as they calmly watched the clouds go over them.