Discovery at the Volcanoes Lip

Start from the beginning

He clearly was displeased by my words as he huffed, and kicked a pebble. I heard the squabble of a duck of some sorts. Asura had her fur standing up in seconds and her back arched with suprised hisses. I stepped back to avoid the incoming duck which brought down its fury upon Sokka.

"Ahhh!" Sokka gasped as he crawled away.

"See?" I shrugged to Aang and went to dig into the food, taking Appa's, Asura's, and Momo's.

I approached the two who chattered back, and fourth.

Asura was clearly still startled as her fur had just begun to settle back.

Momo chattered a greeting to me and leapt to my shoulder. I scratched his chin gently and offered up the kebab to him.

"Share" I ordered firmly, and turned to the small barn where Appa had settled for a nap.

"Hey, Ap" I greeted him and he growled a greeting, "I got some food. It's not a lot, but I hope you like it" I smiled and took the contents off the raw, vegetable skewers. The guy had given me an extra, I hadn't even noticed.

Appa blew out his nose his thanks and I laughed as it tickled my face.

-----

As I returned back to the group I was annoyed to find Sokka still yelling, and Katara yet to return from Aunt Wu's.

"-I don't care what Aunt Wu told you! You have to take a bath sometime!" Sokka shouted angrily.

The man shrugged, and I was hit with a rancid smell; from said man.

"So, Sokka you know some stuff about ladies, right?" Asked Aang.

I was quick to jump in,

"Don't listen to a single thing, he says, Aang" I warned him.

Sokka slumped sadly, as he held up a finger and opened his mouth.

"But why?" Aang asked me.

"He isn't the smartest ladies man, I'll put it that way.."

I patted Aang on the shoulder reassuringly,

"Anyways, I'm bored. I'm going to practice my waterbending" I stated, as I walked towards the dormant volcano, waving behind me.

Asura followed not far after, and Momo came in tow.

"Hey, look at that. Why don't you guys go play" I urged them. They didn't hesitate to race up the volcano, "don't go near the mouth of the volcano! It's really high up!" I warned them.

I heard Asura hoot, and Momo chatter in response, ahead of me.

I breathed the warm air, and found myself at the same spot as before, only this time without vision.

The air smelled rich with earth, and fading rain. It was a smell I found quite nice...

Hours passed as I sat there, just meditating. Occasionally, I practiced with the physical forms of waterbending, which had returned to its former glory in no time, at least I think so.

It was as I heard two pairs of footsteps approaching, when I realized I had fallen asleep. Momo, and Asura slept soundly, curled into my left side.

I pushed myself up, and licked my dry lips.

I yawned, and stretched as I sat up. Man, that insomnia must've really messed with me this past week..

"Hey Sokka, hey Aang" I waved to the approaching boys.

Aang, and Sokka returned the greeting, and Aang was at my side with a cheerful smile.

"What's got you some smiley, Mr, Airboy?" I smirked and rubbed his head.

"Hey, Lyra! We're getting a flower for my true love! Sokka thinks it's a bad idea, but I think she'll like it" Aang grinned excitedly.

I smiled at him,

"Well, I'm sure she'll love it" I assured him.

"Look! On the rim!" Aang pointed towards the edge.

"Careful, Bud. Please be careful" I worried.

Aang reached the top and plucked a panda lily taking in the scent of the flower with closed eyes.

Aang gasped and I leapt towards him in fear he was falling.

I checked him up and down finding nothing wrong, but his raised heart rate.

"What's wrong, Bud?" I sweated with anxiety, and a sudden overbearing heat.

"Aunt Wu, was wrong" Aang gasped.

"What do you- holy shit" I coughed as I was hit with a huge wave of heat across my face, and smoke was thick in the air.

"This is bad.." Sokka stated in horror.

-----------

Hey Guys! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Anyways stay safe and healthy my Bookworms and I hope you guys have a wonderful day! Until next time my Bookworms, I'll see y'all in the next one! ❤️
-Rose