Chapter 5: Meeting the Lich and The Grand Farewell of Saying Goodbye to the Past

(A/n: This follows the Light Novel by the way!)

" Snorfle.... Zzzzz..... " Y/n fell asleep right after the cabbage quest, if one could call it a quest due to the literal cabbage massacre Y/n and Shadow did. " Let's go home. " Kazuma said and carried Y/n as Shadow carried the baskets.

" Quest complete then, I guess. " Griffon said to Kazuma as he perched onto the adventurer's arm. " Quest? What Y/n and Shadow did was a complete massacre to every cabbage on their sights. " Kazuma said, remembering the maniacal laugh Y/n was doing when he slashed through the cabbages.

" My bad then. I told him that if he killed cabbages, he'll unlock more skills and become stronger. "

Kazuma glared at Griffon as he said that and sighed. " At least you're here. If not for you three, I would've lost my sanity now. " Kazuma said in relief.

Back at the Adventurer's Guild

" Yahoo! Finally, some good fucking food! " Y/n said as he ate the cabbage stew alongside the three. " We feel like we're out of place with his skill... Is he even a hikikomori? " Aqua said dejectedly as she still remembered the cabbage party. ' Oh if you only knew if he was Vergil. You'd be outmatched you useless goddess. ' Kazuma thought as he ate also.

" Either way, don't be too worried about it, you'll improve. Unlike other adventurers, I.... I.... I'm a scrawny little shit when it comes to vitality. " Y/n said dejectedly as he remembered the low vitality stat.

' Well shit here he goes again. ' Griffon said to himself as Shadow pat him on the back. " Hey! It's upgraded and you have a lot of experience you're already Level 15 now! " Griffon said to cheer him up which made everyone except Y/n and the familiars spit out their drinks. " Level 15?! " everyone shouted as Y/n became nervous and sweat profusely as he felt eyes pricking his skin.

" Ehe... I may have gone overboard killing the cabbages, Shadow is my familiar so all experience comes to me somehow too. "

" Staaaaaaaaaaaarrrreeeeeee...... "

As the whole crowd stare at Y/n, he wanted to run away and hide as he felt uncomfortable with everyone staring at him. He quickly ate his portion of meal and said, " I- I need to go, I'll need some rest. " and left quickly.

" Hey! Wait! Goddammit, he left me alone with these three. " Kazuma said.

Entrance of Axel Town

Frogs leapt around the plains as Y/n watched them, fiddling with his Adventurer's Card. " Mirage Blades, check.... There is a skill here called Nightmarish Takeover: Angelo...but it's locked. I think I'll go with Mirage Blades, Nightmare, and an Intermediate Spell. "

Nightmarish Takeover: Angelo
-A Level One Nightmarish Takeover skill that transforms the caster into Nelo Angelo.

Requirements: Learn ' Unlock Nightmare '

(This is our temporary Devil Trigger for now.)

" Well, h-have a go at it. Just be sure to be careful. " Griffon said and tried not to freak out. " Select skill for Fireball, Mirage Blades, then Unlock Nightmare.... Done! " Y/n said and dark aura intensified again, and nightmares of Nelo Angelo happened again.

" Y/n?! Y/n! Stay alive buddy! There are many frogs in our vicinity and they're targeting us! " Griffon called out as Shadow tried to fend off three frogs. Y/n finally woke up from the nightmares and summoned Nightmare who immediately punched the frogs in the gut and made them fly away 15 meters high and shot laser at the three. " Let's run! " Y/n shouted and ran away back to the stables.