Chapter 4: Panty Stealing, Cabbage Massacre, and Motivation Party!

" UP AND AT 'EM! IT'S MORNING! "
(I'll give a cookie if someone gets where it comes from)

Griffon shouted these words in a cheerful manner as Y/n woke up from this noise. " Please don't tell me you're imitating that loudmouth just to wake me up like this. " Y/n said as he woke up. Leaving his sleeping place, he immediately saw Aqua, haggard from being woken up so early by Griffon.

" So, Ms. Goddess, ready to wake up early? Because Griffon will be sure as hell to wake you up like this. " Y/n said as he gave a sly smile. Aqua grumbled and glared at Griffon who gave a smug smirk. " One day, I'll get you... " Aqua muttered as she went out of the stables.

" Hm.... What to do today? I can't really go to the guild since I don't want to meet the masochist.... Hey! I know! I think I can use your attacks so I can practice how to dodge faster attacks! " Y/n said as Griffon's eyes widened. " Are you serious?! You'll be suffering excruciating pain and agony in this! " Griffon said in a worried tone. " It doesn't need to be strong to endure pain though, I just need to practice how to dodge fast attacks. Those small electric shots can be used as training material. " Y/n replied as he went outside and Shadow followed.

The green plains were empty and the sun was rising, signing a new and crazy day. " Ready? I'll be serious on training so make sure you're prepared! " Griffon said as the three stopped and prepared themselves. " Yeah, I'm sure of it. If I wasn't, I would've backed down- "

" Training begins now! "

Griffon instantly fired an electric shot point blank which he didn't dodge and flung him three feet away from him. " You weren't ready. " Griffon said to him as he got up from the hit. " Asshole. " Y/n muttered, grinning like an idiot.

Three hours had passed and it was already noon, Y/n could be seen dodging the Bullet attack which was followed up by Shadow's attacks to mix his training. However, Y/n was feeling sluggish already from exhaustion and tried to block Shadow's attack with Mirage Edge and fell down. " Alright! That's enough! You got more than enough injuries than I've ever expected. "

" Yeah, scrapes on the arms and face. Nothing too serious but improvement of reaction time is worth the pain. " Y/n said as he got up and petted Shadow. The familiar purred and disappeared to rest as he went back to the stables, only to find Kazuma gone. " He has decided to finally wake up huh? " Y/n said and decided to leave.

The trio decided to walk around the town and to not raise suspicion, Shadow changed his form into somewhat similar to a human. " They really left us. However, I'm more concerned where the hell is Kazuma? " Y/n said as they walked at the streets of Axel Town. " He'll be alright. Now, let's go to the guild already! We won't be getting stronger if we keep idling off! " Griffon said as the trio went inside the guild.

As he opened the door, he found Kazuma looking at Aqua, who was doing party skills, with a disappointed stare. " Yo, Kazuma. Aqua is doing party tricks? " Y/n said in a monotonous tone. " Yeah. She's supposed to be an archpriest with healing spells and my cheat item but.... Look at her. " Kazuma said as Aqua kept doing Nature's Beauty. " Hey, if I remember correctly, she has buffed out stats that I consider broken except for, " Y/n faked his coughing and continued alongside Griffon, " her intelligence. "

" Truth to be told, I only came here to check up on you as a party member and also to eat. " Y/n said as his stomach rumbled. " Haven't you eaten yet? " Kazuma asked. " He trained for three hours straight and hasn't eaten yet, saying that he WANTS to improve how to dodge. " Griffon said and glared at Y/n for his recklessness. Y/n looked down in guilt as he knew Griffon was only looking after his master's well being. " I have to make it up for our party's incompetence. At least someone can help you in this tough times. " Y/n said as the three sat on the counter.