Chapter Nine

"Ah, you missed a spot"

"I don't know what you are talking about, I cleaned the floor good"

"That's what I'm talking about" Rhys drops his coffee on the ground staining the once clean floor.

Your father and uncle have been tormenting you for the past week, treating you as if you were their maid.

"Ah, brother doesn't be so hard on her, after all, it is her last day in the punishment" Malcolm teases after walking into the kitchen.

You don't remember having those two being assholes in the book, but you know that they were not also cannibals.

Plus being a vegetarian is a bit hard for you, imagine living on meat your whole life and suddenly decide to switch to vegetables all thanks to your cannibalistic family.

Malcolm refuses to give you enough money to go buy actual normal meat.

"I have finished all my chores for today," you say, standing up after wiping off the spilled coffee.

"Now that your punishment is over, what do you say to me and your uncle" you raise an eyebrow at your father.

"I don't know"

You know exactly what he wants you to do, Malcolm wants you to apologize.

And you aren't going to do that.

"Silly girl, you have to apologize," your father says with a clear fake smile on his face.

"What for? Rhys is the one who has been feeding me human meat my whole life, and you two are cannibals"

Rhys quickly stands up from his chair and glares at you.

"You are to call me uncle, never Rhys, after all, I'm the one who raised you" you roll your eyes.

"I want to get some fresh air" you announce.

"Good I would like to spend some time with you as a father and daughter"

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

You regret saying that you wanted to get some fresh air, as Malcolm is clearly not giving you the space you need.

"You know, humans kill, rape, and destroy, so it is only natural that they get their karma"

Malcolm explains as he walks by your side in the park.

"Are you seriously justifying your actions, dad?" you ask angrily, as Malcolm shrugs.

"No, I don't need to justify anything, I'm only doing what we humans are meant to do, kill and destroy"

you clutch your fists, starting to get afraid by your father's sinister words.

"My father was the one who made me and Rhys what we are today, hungry cannibals" the golden-haired man points out.

Indeed, the twin's father was not a good model in his children's life.

Honestly, you only wrote that he was abusive but never wrote anything else about him.

Left a major plot hole right there.

"My first victim was my mother, she kept whining and whining..." He suddenly stops in his tracks and smirks at you.

"Just like how you always do"