Devil in works

After school

I arrived at my locker a little late today as I was slow in completing the maths worksheet.Jake was already done and was locking up his locker.

"You're pretty slow at solving.Was the questions that hard?"He teased.

"I'm not good at remembering how to do questions"I rolled my eyes.

"You can ask me if you need help."

"Well,you don't sit near me."

He snorted.

"I'll get going.See ya!"Ruffling my hair,he bid me goodbye.

I felt my heart skip a beat at his unexpected touch.

Calm down,it's nothing

As I made my way out,still thinking about Jake,I saw some familiar faces.

"Heeseung!Jungwon!"Eunji went up to the two who was about to leave.

"Oh h-hey"Jungwon hesitantly replied,still walking.

"Shall we hang out?Its been a while."

They avoided her gaze,thinking of an excuse to decline her offer.

"We're not free today."Heeseung forced a smile.

"Please,I know you guys are free.You can't lie to me."

"It's true,we have to go somewhere."Jungwon tried to convince her.

"The both of you?And where exactly?"She pouted at her friends.

"That's-"

"Guys hurry up!why are you so slow." I shouted at the trio.

Eunji looked at me confused,so did the boys.

"The cat cafe might close already."I acted frustrated.

"Cat cafe?"Eunji questioned.

"Oh hey Eunji.We planned to go to a cat cafe together."

"See,I told you we aren't free."Heeseung added.

"If you excuse us,we should go before it closes."I politely smiled at her,before heading off with Heeseung and Jungwon.

Once we were a distance from school they both thanked me for saving them.

"You're pretty good at acting"Jungwon complimented.

"But cat cafe? Among all the places you could have said why cat cafe?"Heeseung asked.

"To make sure she won't follow.She's allergic to cats."I slyly smiled.

"How'd you know?"

"Yuna mentioned it once"

"Cunning,I like it."Heeseung gave me a thumbs up.

"But it'll be nice to go to a cat cafe."Jungwon said a bit disappointed that it was an excuse.

"But aren't you guys friends?why does it seem like you're avoiding her?"

"Things don't stay the same."Jungwon sighed.

I decided not to ask further questions.

"We'll get going.Thanks again for saving our asses."Heeseung laughed,brightening up the mood,as we headed off to different directions.

—————————

Today I was having lunch with Eunji and her group along with Soobin since he didn't want me to feel uncomfortable.I was being dragged by the persistent Yuna cause I couldn't join them yesterday.

Not interested in the heartthrobs gossips,I quietly sat at the edge,munching on my lunch.

"You think they'll realise if we slip away?"Soobin whispered to me.

"Should we?"

"Hey Y/n I heard you're close to enhypen."Eunji enthusiastically mentioned,destroying our escape plan.

"I was curious when did you guys become close since you don't seem like the type to you know."

Soobin glared at her.

"Pretty recent I guess." I briefly said.

—————————

"Next time can you just tell Yuna to not drag you to her heartthrobs group."

"Sorry I ruined your lunch."

"It's fine but promise me that won't happen again."

"She's my friend.It's hard to decline her."

"I don't like them.Especially,Yeji she gets on my nerves."

Classes ended and we were walking along the hallways.

"I'll see you tomorrow bye!"He flashed his cute dimple smile at me before heading to his locker which was at the other end.

Upon reaching my locker,I realised the lock was damaged,with a crack splitting right through the middle.Strange,the lock was fine earlier this morning.

"Hey,Jake"I called the boy behind.

He turned around in response,brows furrowed at the broken lock in my hands.

"Probably a prankster.It happened to me before."

Turning back,he continued to pack his books.

Shrugging it off, I opened my locker.Nothing was missing,everything was at it's original position where I had left it.However,a white box that was never there was placed in the middle.Curious,I opened the lid,taking a peep at whatever was inside.

"Ahhhh!"I screamed,immediately retreating,falling backwards.

Due to the small space,my back hit his,causing him to loose his balance.

"What the hell?"His hands hold onto my shoulders,preventing me from falling down.

"Yah!what was that for?"He irritatedly said,rubbing his back.

My eyes still locked on the box,mind processing what I just saw.Noticing the box too,he went forward to check.His eyes widened in horror as he too retreated.

"What the-"

There was a moment of silence.He brushed his hair up,frustrated and angry.

"Let's throw it away and clean up."Without hesitating,he picked up the box and threw it in the nearest bin.

Inside

Was

A

Dead

Bird

1k reads so I thought to post another chapt
Thanks again:)