20- how rare and beautiful it is to even exist

*PLAY SONG ABOVE! ITS THE SONG THEY LISTEN TO ON REPEAT! IF YOU FINISH THE CHAPTER BEFORE THE END OF THE SONG, LISTEN TO THE WHOLE SONG!*

(thoughts are in bold)

as you and vinnie are laying with each other looking at the stars, that one song plays over and over.

after laying there listening to it on repeat, you turn to him.

"i like this song."

"really? what's your favorite line?"

"how rare and beautiful it is to even exist."

"why is it that?"

"it's perfect. it's true."

"how so?"

"so many people don't realize how beautiful life is. life is such a gift. think about it this way, life brought us together. if we didn't exist, we would have never met. and the thought of me not knowing you makes me sick to my stomach."

vinnie looks into your eyes.

"has anyone ever told you the way you speak about things is absolutely beautiful."

you smile at him.

"but really, i can't ever imagine you not being in my life. the way you listen to me, the way you comfort me. i don't know, i just don't think i could ever live without that."

vinnie places his palm on your cheek.

"i couldn't imagine my life without you. i don't care that we've only known each other for a month. in this past month, you've given me a reason to be a better person. you've given me a reason to live."

you place your head on his chest.

"can you promise me something?"

"of course."

"whenever it gets bad, please tell me. i can't lose another person the way i lost my dad."

vinnie wraps both his arms around you.

"i won't leave you. in any way. ever. i promise."

you two lay there in silence, looking up at the sky.

you guys didn't even need to talk.

just the comfort of each other was enough to keep you occupied for hours.

"do you ever struggle with anything?"

you look at vinnie.

"anxiety. especially when i'm out of the house or when i'm with a bunch of people. when i get anxious, i pick at my fingers and bounce my leg a lot."

"how long have you had it for?"

"it started happening right after my dad died. my doctor says it's a trauma thing."

vinnie wrapped his arms around you and held you tight.

"if you ever feel the way you felt the other night, just know you can sleep in my room. i don't mind at all."

"are you sure?"

"i'm positive. i know what it's like to feel homesick. i was the same way when i first moved to LA. but it gets better. once you surround yourself with people that you love, it gets better."

you rub vinnies arm.

you two lay there, admiring the stars painted across the dark sky.

vinnie lifts his head.

"do you believe that everyone has a soulmate?"

"definitely."

"why?"

"there's 7 billion people on this planet. there has to be a person for everyone."

"but what if those two people don't meet?"

"i think if two hearts are meant to be together, no matter how long it takes, how far they go, how tough it seems, fate will bring them together to share their love forever. no matter what."

"what if the person you're falling in love with isn't your soulmate?"

"two souls don't find each other by accident vinnie. i think if you truly love someone to the point where you can't stand the thought of losing them, that's your soulmate."

vinnie goes quiet before looking into your eyes.

"i guess you're my soulmate then."

you lift your head up and look into vinnie eyes.

leaning in, he runs his fingers through your hair as he kisses you.

as your lips separate, you look at him.

every single feature on his face.

in your eyes, he was perfect.

vinnie softly mumbles to you.

"what are you thinking about right now?"

"alot."

"i want to thank you."

"for what?"

"for keeping me in your life even after you found out about my depression."

"i would never want you out of my life vinnie."

vinnie placed his hand around your head and held it against his chest.

hearing his heart beat was like music to your ears.

it was comforting.

as you lay there in vinnie's arms, you felt safe.

in that moment, you felt like everything was ok.

even if it wasn't.

HEY BAES

THE FACT THAT VINNIE REALIZED THAT HE THINKS Y/N IS HIS SOULMATE BC OF WHAT SHE SAID

UGH IM CRYING

ALSO THIS SONG?? SO BEAUTIFUL

THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT IM SORRY HAHA

THANK YOU SM FOR 50K READS!

ANYWAYS I LOVE YALL SM <33

-RY<33