39 - prison break

Start from the beginning

"Okay while I appreciate the effort and will definite take you up on the offer how the actual fuck did you get in my room?" he turns around, gesturing to the window I hadn't realized was now open until he pointed it out.

"Scaled it no problem. I do have lots of practice considering the amount of times I've snuck into your room. Now c'mon princess, you're not the only kook that on our agenda tonight." he interlaces his hand in mine as we jointly climb out of the window, practically bolting to Kiara's car.

"Secured the goods. Now onto phase two, the more difficult of the two. Breaking out Sarah Cameron. Good news is that it's not a far trek." JJ exclaims as Kiara starts the car, heading towards the Cameron's gigantic house.

"lemme guess, the only reason that you guys are breaking Sarah out is that she's the only one who can clear John B?" I ask and Pope immediately whips around, "righty you are my lady!"

I glance at JJ, shooting him a harsh look before wacking him on the side of the head and he lets out a sharp, "Ow! What was that for?!"

"How much weed did you give him JJ? he's off his rocker!" JJ rolls his eyes, brushing my comment off, "Not that much, besides, he's fine and were here so do you want to waste time arguing about Pope's sobriety or do you want to go save your best friend who's being imprisoned in her house right now?"

"okay fine, but no more drugs pope. You both got it?" I make eyes at them both and they both nod simultaneously with no hesitation. "Now let's prison break this bitch!" I exclaim and we all jump out of the SUV.

"Okay pope, you're in charge of distracting; Kiara, you climb onto the roof and open the window and help her escape; and JJ and I will be in charge of the getaway car. Everyone know what they are supposed to do?" I ask and everyone nods before both Kie and pope start to head towards the lit up house.

"Okay but what happens if her window is locked or something? What are we going to do then?" My eyes lock with JJ's and he squeezes my hand, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Why do we think we broke you out jailbird? You're our plan b. If Kie can't get her out in time you go and distract Ward and Rose. They trust you and they'll listen to you."

"Wow you guys really thought of everything huh. Maybe I'm rubbing off on you guys?" I grin at him as he crinkles his nose at me, nudging me softly. "Never Covey."

I'm about to say something else when an orange light retains my attention instead and I pat JJ, gesturing towards the light. "Oh god that's what he chose to distract with!" I groan as JJ lets out a chuckle,"Okay I like this side of Pope."

There, in front of the cameron's patio, is their grill, completely spilling flames out of the griddle. Pope must have poured pellets in and lit a shit ton of them on fire, igniting the whole inside of the grill. A few seconds later both Rose and Ward pile out of the sliding door and Ward leans forward, shutting the grill in a haze of confusion.

It doesn't last very long as an alarmed look flashes across both of their faces and Ward's lips read "Sarah" before they both clamber back into their house. "Shit Kiara needs to either hurry the hell up or we're going to have to tap you into play." a few seconds later both Kiara and Pope jog back to us, both out of breath.

"Her window was bolted shut, I couldn't get her out in time."

I glance at JJ before I grab my crewneck, pulling over my head. "Guess it's time for plan B. You guys stay in the car, I'm gonna get her out and I'll be back."  I give my boyfriends hand a squeeze before jogging though the backyard and around the side of the house, ending at the front door. I make sure to knock twice, standing back after I"m down so their door doesn't hit me in the process.

This is a little weird considering I usually enter and exit through Sarah's window.

"Delilah what are you doing here this late? Especially on a night like this?" Rose asks, opening the door and I plaster on the fakest smile I can muster. "I really need to talk to Sarah right now, its an emergency."

"Oh honey Sarah isn't here right now but I can rely a message to her once she gets back."  I feel my eyebrows furrow in confusion. "What do you mean? Her lights are on, I could see them all the way from my house."

Rose opens her freshly painted lips to give mean what was probably an intricate lie but Ward steps into frame, his eyes darker than I've ever seen them as a permeate frown is etched on his face. "Sarah's not home. Now please leave before I call your father to escort you off our property." with that he shuts the door in my face and I say a small prayer that I bought Sarah enough time to escape.

I hold my breath as I round the corner of the side of the house and immediately let out a sigh of relief when my eyes meet my best friends. I pull her into a tight hug, wrapping my arms around her neck as she wraps hers around my waist. "Oh my god I'm so glad you're alright. I heard what happened."

"God I'm so glad you're here li, but I need to go find John b." she says, pulling away from me, her words rushed and I notice her bicycle parked behind her. "I don't know where he is sar but I understand that you need to go. Just promise me you'll be smart and not risk your life and all that shit?"

"I promise Li, I'll see you soon." she pulls me into another hug before hopping on her bike, pedaling in the opposite direction. little did I know that that was the last time I was going to see her.

✧ ✧