Chapter 8

This chapter is dedicated to @emma_levisgf <3

As I patted my eyes open, I found myself in Karanes hospital. It took me a while to realise how I'd wounded up there.

"So, you finally decided to wake up.", I turned my head to the right only to find Levi sitting by my bedside, his legs stretched out on my bed, looking as bored as ever. But I noticed a small smile forming on his lips.

I smiled and tried to get up. "Oi, lie down.", he ordered.

"I am fine...I just need water.", I struggled to say. My head still hurt and I was feeling extremely weak.

Levi helped me sit up straight and handed me a glass of water. I gulped it down immediately.

"Look how the tables have turned.", he joked as I handed him back the glass.

I smiled. "Hmm...but just so you know, I won't be taking off my shirt.", I looked at him teasingly.

"Tch. That's too bad.", he flirted back and I blushed. How much did I miss this.

"What happened to those men?", I asked suddenly remembering. Even thinking about them made my stomach turn.

"We caught them.", he assured me.

"And the girls who escaped?"

"They're safe, don't worry."

"Thank god.", I sighed. "And Anna and the others at the hospital?", I asked even though I knew the answer.

"They're all safe, Y/N. Why don't you for once worry about yourself?", he frowned.

"Why should I? You saved me.", I gave him a smile. We stared at each other for a couple of seconds before he looked away.

"Erwin owes me one.", he smirked. "It was anyway quite stupid of him to send you off like that for two whole weeks.", he said sounding a little annoyed.

"Aww, did you miss me?", I mocked him.

"Tch. You mean missed having you not shut up for a minute except when you're gobbling food down your throat?"

I gasped. RUDE.

"But I'll admit, it was dull.", he said after a long pause. I gave him a smile that he returned.

"I thought I heard voices!" I heard Hange say as they walked in.

"Hange!", I exclaimed. I had never been happier to see them.

"Y/N! I am glad you're okay!", they squished me into a hug.

"Careful, four-eyes. She's still hurt.", Levi scolded them.

"Aah sorry, sorry. I got excited.", Hange stepped back.

"It's good to see you Hanj.", I gave them a warm smile.

The door opened and Erwin walked in, looking tired. But as soon as he saw me, his face lit up. I saw Hange give Levi a look and they both stepped out, giving Erwin and I some privacy.

"Erwin...", I smiled and stretched out my hand. He held it and caressed my head with his other hand. "I'm glad you're okay. How are you feeling?"

"My head still hurts." I said touching the bandage on my forehead. "But the wound on my thigh hurts much less.", I said reassuringly.

"Good."

"Why did they kidnap me? What did they want?", I asked. His face fell but he ended up telling me everything.

"They planned the fire so that they could use the commotion to kidnap those girls?", I asked horrified.

"And to get you to Karanes.", Erwin added. "Two birds with one stone."