I did my best to ignore how they walked arm in arm. "Right, not like you've been hinting for days or anything."

    It was hard to tell if what Miss M had said was true or not. The more I thought back, the more I realized that Wally and Iris were always together; every training session and mission. Then again, Wally was busy fawning over Miss M at the moment, and Iris didn't seem to care. She talked with Zatanna in the corner, barely giving Wally so much as a glance.

    Maybe they had some weird friends with benefits situation going on? But that totally doesn't sound like something they would do. Would they?

I hated how much this bugged me. It was the same nauseous feeling I had when Adam Margrove started chasing her.

    I cut into their conversation with a piece of cake for Zatanna. "You settling in here okay?"

    "Oh yeah... just like home."

    "It'll be alright," Iris told her, sipping a cup of hot chocolate. "Eventually, you will get used to watching Wally eat."

    She looked past my shoulder to KF, inhaling his slice of cake. It made my stomach turn over another time, seeing the way her face softened at him.

    Artemis joined us, giving both Zatanna and I a knowing glance. "Iris, can I ask you about something?"

    "Go for it."

    "Doesn't this bother you?"

    "Does what bother me?"

    "You know... Wally being all over Miss Martian."

    "No, why would it?" Iris cluelessly sipped her drink.

    "Well, I just thought since you two have been sleeping together—"

    Iris' drink seemed to get caught in her throat. She began coughing so hard that Zatanna had to pat her back. "Who told you that?"

    "I don't know," Artemis played dumb. "The idea got tossed around earlier."

    "We're not anything together," Iris stated, shuddering at just the thought. "He is completely and totally available for you."

    Zatanna started laughing, but Artemis got offended. "For me?"

    "Isn't that why you were asking?"

    She pointed a finger. "I was only asking because Robin wanted to know!"

    "What?! No, I didn't." Iris watched me stammer in my place. "It was M'gann who—"

    "That's so funny, how we all thought that," Zatanna giggled. "Are you dating anyone in school then?"

    "No. I think I'm what Canary termed as 'emotionally unavailable," Iris said passively, already moving to leave. "Now excuse me, while I go end M'gann's suffering."

    She left the three of us, sitting next to Wally to whisper something in his ear. His eyes travelled up to Superboy and M'gann, "Aw, man!"

    "Finally someone told him," Artemis chuckled. "Well, that solves that, right? Nobody's with anybody—unless you two have something you want to admit to me."

    I glanced nervously at Zatanna, "Uh, that's not..."

    But Zatanna merely laughed at Artemis' words, completely steady.

    "Attention team. Suit up. Polar stealth. Mission briefing in five."

*****