"Hey, you're back. How are you?" Derek made the first try to talk to her.

"Great."

Mark and Derek shared a look. "Was your trip in San Francisco, okay?" Mark tried next.

"I don't remember this being any of your business?" Natalie snapped at him. Mark wasn't even on the least of people she was pissed off to. But he somehow bothered her a little too much. 

Mark opened his mouth to say anything but Derek shook his head at him. So he didn't say anything back. There was a whole list of things he wanted to say. Like 'I lied the other day. I didn't sleep with anyone because I was actually serious about you. That I wanted to know you. But then I heard about what was going on with your child. And I didn't want you to worry about me too. But I still care about you and I am here if there is anything I can do.'

But he stuck to his choice. No matter how painful it was for him to be alone all over again. The tiniest hope inside of him that he could feel this emptiness inside of him went to waste.

Addison joined them next. "They paged you guys, too?"

"Well, we're all here, aren't we?" Natalie said, making her redhead friend give her a weird look. 

Derek shook his head at his ex-wife, telling her to let it go. So she did. "That can't be good." Addison said instead, not taking in consideration Natalie's irony. 

"Sure it can. He could be letting us know I won the race for chief." Mark replied, trying to light the atmosphere. 

"Not today, he isn't. He's making his recommendation to the board tomorrow for chief of surgery and chief resident." Bailey replied. 

"So why are we wasting our time here?" Natalie asked. Not pleasant. 

"Oh, because search and rescue found those lost climbers who were up on Mount Rainier." Bailey replied as Richard entered.

"People, the climbers are on their way."

"Any specifics?" Derek asked. 

"They found only three so far. One's still missing. They're reporting severe dehydration with traumatic head and chest injuries. Dr. Bailey, Dr. Torres, you'll be my trauma team."

"Bad day not to have interns." Bailey commented. 

"What?" Mark exclaimed. 

"Today's the intern exam." Callie explained. 

"You'll all have to do your own heavy lifting today." Webber began saying. 

"Used to it." Natalie muttered and walked towards the ambulance bay, not waiting to hear the end of the speech. 

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Natalie was working on a case with Burke. One of the climbers was brought into the hospital with several broken ribs which was compromising his breathing. So the two cardio surgeons were working together. Natalie was not really talking, too focused on getting all the work done. "So tomorrow I am getting married." Burke started speaking.

"Big mistake if you ask me." She remarked as she was looking at the patient's x-rays. 

"Well, yeah, maybe." Burke muttered. "But I love her and I am going to go along with it." He continued. "I've heard that you're going through something now. But if you want to take your mind off for a while, you're invited to the bachelor party Derek is throwing. It's basically drinks at Joe's."