𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐧

Começar do início

Thamizh (to Naveen): I'll be back in an hour and half.

Naveen: Okay.

Thamizh: Aunty, I'll drop you.

He gets onto his bike.

Grace: Its okay Thamizh, I can take a rickshaw. I'm fine.

Thamizh: Okay then, bye. (waves his hand)

They wave their hands to him.

At Ramya's office:

Ramya enters her empty cabin in which the wind chimes were dangling furiously, crooning the windy weather. She picks up the notice on the coffee-table and opened it as she sat on her arm-chair.

She gets surprised seeing his sign in all the papers. She was wondering how he budged to her order this early. Putting the paper back into three folds, she puts it in a brand new cover and dials to Sethuraman.

Sethuraman enters her room and gets the letter from her. He keeps it his folder.

Sethuraman: Shall I mail it today ma'am?

Ramya: Tomorrow.

Sethuraman (gloomily): Okay ma'am.

He is about to leave when Ramya calls him.

Ramya: Sethu, where is he?

As she says it, she looks at the television in front of her which was displaying CCTV footage of every floor of the building.

Sethuraman: Ma'am he has gone to the bar.

Ramya: Bar?

Sethuraman: He isn't drinking ma'am but...

She focuses on the first floor's footage and checks Amaran's room's camera. As she observed his room, the video kept glitching.

Ramya: What's this? Haven't they repaired that room's camera?

Sethuraman (with bated breath): No ma'am...

Ramya: Its okay.. he's not going to be here for long...

Sethuraman: Ma'am I apologize for poking into your personal stuff but... sir is very angry on you. He kept blathering about you in the bar to his friends. And...

Ramya: And?

Sethuraman: He said that he has a plan tonight...

Ramya understood what he was saying and walked to and fro.

Ramya: So, he would be here tonight, right?

Sethuraman: Yes ma'am, shall I call the police and inform..?

Ramya: No. Let him come. I'll handle this.

Sethuraman (shocked): But...

Ramya: You can leave Sethu, enjoy your Sunday.

Sethuraman leaves the room appalled. He dials a number and waits for the person on the other side to pick the call, tapping his fist on the wall.

Sethuraman: Hello?

Meanwhile...

Thamizh (on the phone): Okay sir... yes sir.. I'll take care.

Naveen and Anjana came out of the room in disdain.

Thamizh: What happened?

Naveen: No... (hung his face down)

Anjana: We'll leave.

Thamizh goes in front of her and blocks her way by stretching both his hands horizontally.

Thamizh: You both can't leave without telling me what happened.

Anjana: They won't accept our complaint...

Thamizh: Why?

Anjana (desperately): Because money is bigger than law. So big that it can even kill innocent people, heroize a villain and still make it look like nothing has happened.

Thamizh gets dumbstruck hearing her speak everything in a single breath. Naveen stops an auto rickshaw and asks her to get in it. Thamizh follows them in his bike. On their way, Anjana texts her friend Piyush, the advertising executive of AMP.

Anjana: Naveen, can we take this online? Are we doing the right thing?

Naveen: If it helps, then we surely can. We are on the path to justice now, we shouldn't be apprehensive.

Anjana looked at him indecisively.

Naveen: This journey started with birth of injustice, if we are meant to finish this chapter, then we shall take any road that leads to justice.

He held her shoulder as they looked at the road. They see the auto rickshaw driver showing his hand to the right.

Anjana (to the driver): Anna, not to the right, to the left.

They reached Anjali Charitable Trust. Naveen, Anjana and Thamizh walked into the corridors dismally. They entered the guests waiting area and found Piyush sitting there.

Anjana (enters the room): Hi Piy... (gasps)

Thamizh was unaware of what was happening.

Thamizh: Who is he?

Naveen: Amaran.

Thamizh gets shocked and looked at him. He went forward and pulled Anjana behind, making her stand in between him and Naveen.

Amaran (in a deep voice): Hi Naveen, Anjana and...?

Thamizh: Thamizh..

Amaran: Thamizh. Was that a good surprise?

He goes near Naveen to which Anjana shows her palm to Amaran.

Anjana: What do you want?

Amaran: I want the evidence to be deleted, else...

Anjana: Else? What will you do?

Amaran: Else...

He faces Naveen eye to eye.

Amaran (to Naveen): Your sister will get the same treatment your fiancé did.

Naveen's firm eyelids quiver after hearing what Amaran said. Thamizh stupefied, makes a call to Aadhira, to which she doesn't pick up the call. Anjana panics and tries to calm Naveen.

Thamizh (worried): She is not picking up the call.

Amaran: She will not pick up the call until you delete all the evidences you have.

Naveen stood still with tears in his eyes, he held Amaran's collar in rage.

Naveen: Don't you have a heart? She is not only my sister, she is your daughter too !

Amaran takes his hand off his collar and pats on his shoulder slyly.

Amaran: That's why I am warning you, so stop your drama and think practically.

Naveen: What kind...

Anjana (interrupts): I'll delete them. (a line appears on her forehead) Thamizh, give me your laptop.

Thamizh: But Anjana...

Anjana (deepens her voice): Give it to me.

Naveen: No Anju.. don't do it..

Anjana opens the folder and deletes it permanently. She shows the laptop to Amaran. As soon as the green line reaches the end point, he takes his hand from Naveen's shoulder.

Amaran: Now don't you dare to think of doing anything smart ! I won't be giving chances from the next time.

He leaves the room. 

Piyush (helplessly): I'm sorry Anjana...

Anjana sits silently consuming her failure as Naveen and Thamizh watched her helplessly.

TO BE CONTINUED