Reyna

Reyna was tired of surprises. First, Camp Half-blood entered camp through a secret underground maze. Then apparently Jason had a long lost sister. Then Reyna woke the most powerful goddess in the universe, and Hazel Levesque challenged said goddess to a one-on-one fight. It was a lot to take in, almost too much. But the reality of the situation forced her to carry on.

"Octavian, prep the onagers," Reyna said, already hating herself for it. "They better have a lot of fire power."

Octavian grinned, a crazy light in his eye. "You don't have to ask me twice."

"Those weapons can't kill her," Annabeth said, jogging up behind her. "We need the power of the gods."

"Unless you have a god up you sleeve, we're fresh out of that," Reyna muttered.

The Greek and Roman forces had haphazardly joined forces against the earth creatures. Reyna and Annabeth did the best they could to co-lead, but it was awkward and tense. They'd just spent the last weeks at each other's throats. Literally.

"I don't," Annabeth said, pointing across the gardens to where Percy, Jason, Hazel, Nico, and Thalia (Jason's sister?) fought Gaea, "but they do. See the way they glow? That's the power of the gods. I've only seen it with the blessing of Ares but..." Annabeth trailed off.

"It would explain why they're not all dead," Reyna finished.

"Basically, yeah."

Reyna scooped up a fallen spear and hurled it across the battlefield, exploding an earth figure. "Then let's hope it doesn't wear off." She turned back to her troops. "Octavian?"

"They're ready," he said, panting. "I just have to press this button and they all go boom."

"Great. Let's go make sure your boyfriend has a plan. And if he doesn't, we're going to make one," Reyna said. She offered Annabeth a fallen sword, a lightweight golden saber. "You're good with that knife, but if we're going to make it across the battlefield..."

"I'll need a longer range weapon," Annabeth said. She accepted the gift and swung the sword a couple times, testing its balance.

Reyna craned her neck. "We'll need a couple more people to get through, why don't we-"

"Us!" announced a voice behind them. "If you're going to fight Gaea, you're gonna need some fire power."

Reyna turned and frowned. "Leo Valdez. And Piper McLean. Tough to keep you two down."

"You're going to need our help," Piper said, stepping forward. Her dark hair was braided back and her triangular knife rested at her side. "And Jason is our friend."

Reyna glanced at Leo, who with two flaming fists echoed Piper's sentiment. "Fine. Follow my lead and don't stop." She took a deep breath, and calculated their best path through the earth people. Then drew double swords and started forward.

Reyna led her little group forward, oddly reassured to have Annabeth at her back. More reassured than Octavian even, because as many times as they had fought together, she'd never truly trusted him.

Leo blasted back a couple of earth people with balls of fire, and Piper rolled and stabbed one in the back. Reyna and Annabeth traded positions, alternating between stabbing and slashing the earth back. But as many as they killed, more rose from the ground. The earth was immense and infinite, the only way to stop them was to stop Gaea. As they reached the middle of the battleground, they were nearly overwhelmed. Annabeth cried out behind Reyna as a chunk of rock hit her side, and Reyna whipped around and cut off the thing's head. Leo spun in a circle to make a brief ring of fire, but what was fire against the earth?