6. What besties are for

Start from the beginning

"Tell me what happened" Miss. Montgomery suddenly said, making my attention shot back at her. "Like I said, secrets are hard to carry...you don't have to tell me anything you don't want to say, but if you feel like you can't keep carrying that secret alone, I'll carry it with you" she ended determined.

I honestly didn't think I deserved this kind of treatment; Miss. Montgomery was too good to be true. I used to believe that Sofía was the most amazing human being that ever walked on earth, but Miss. Montgomery, she was something else.

"So, you're saying...and accepting...that we are besties?" I asked teasingly and she grinned. "Okay let me do the talking so you don't say something like 'No Kate, we aren't besties, and the truth is that I actually hate you'" I said imitating my best 'Miss. Montgomery' voice.

She laughed and all the sadness and emptiness left my body, as instead I started laughing alongside her.

With a completely different mood than before, I made myself comfortable and got my chips out of my backpack while she watched me with a huge smile on her face.

"Okay but I have to like, start form the very beginning" I warned her.

"I have time" she replied, still grinning and watching me in a way that made me feel...especial, let's go with especial.

"So, I met Sofía since we were babies. Our parents were business friends, but they became best friends when Sofía and I were born and befriend each other" I said opening my chips with a loud noise.

Miss, Montgomery scrunched her nose and interrupted me. "Are you eating that as a breakfast?" She asked trying to hide her disapproval.

"You want some?" I asked grinning and she rapidly shook her head. "I didn't have time to make breakfast, so this was better than nothing" I added, somehow trying to ease her worries.

"But back to the story" I said trying to change the subject and internally laughing at her disapproval of my breakfast.

"Yes" she said putting more space between us and smiling with difficulty due the chips thing. "You were the best of friends" she added.

"We were, we did everything together" I said remembering those happy times. "Being the only daughters of businessmen that spend most of their days traveling and on meetings is really lonely and sometimes sad...but having each other made it all better" I said happily.

"You had each other" Miss. Montgomery repeated and I nodded.

"Yes, we were like sisters. We did everything together and we knew each other secrets" I stated.

"So far I already knew that part of the story" Miss. Montgomery said sweetly, this woman is really a cartoon.

"Do I sense some jealousy?" I said wiggling my eyebrows playfully, trying to annoy her. "Don't worry, you're my new bestie now" I added, and before she had time to reply something and say that we are not friends or something like that, I continued talking.

"But then everything went to hell when we arrived here. Starting from Sofia's two minions" I said scoffing. "We always made friends in wherever country we went to, but those two were different. And you know what's the worst thing?" I said getting comfortable, already feeling like I was in my therapy session.

"Rewind, you're talking about Nicole and Valerie?" Miss, Montgomery asked. "So far they're the ones that I see Sofía relate to the most"

I chuckled, how I hate those girls, and how they hate hearing their full names. "Yes, those girls, but as I was saying" I took a great amount of chips and put them in my mouth. "They acted as if they wanted to be friends with the both of us, but they isolated me from Sofía. They only pretend to like me because they didn't want Sofía to me mad at them" I ended, getting more chips than what I should into my mouth.

"This...is disgusting" Miss. Montgomery said and I'm not sure if she was talking about Nikki and Val or the way I was eating my chips.

"Exactly, that's what I said" I said pretending that she said it towards the Val and Nikki thing "There were also two guys, Percy and Jake, but I haven't seen neither of them" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Oh, they both asked Sofía to the Homecoming dance last semester, she choose neither and Percy ended up leaving while Jake is still coming to the school but always stays far away from his classmates. He tried to turn the school against Sofía for rejecting him and the school turned on him " she said grabbing a single chip from my hands.

I eyed her with my mouth agape, how did she know more than me when she wasn't even here? Either way, she was opening up to me like a real bestie. Good.

"We are going to be very good gossip buddies" I said grinning.

Miss. Montgomery gave me a disapproving look before speaking "There's an internal battle in me going on right now, I don't know if I should embrace the besties thing or just ignore you and hope for it to pass" she said laying back into her chair.

"Definitely the first one" I said grinning. "But back to the story; when we got here things were different for many reasons, but the story that you probably know is that we started dating and I cheated on her, right?" I asked and she nodded.

"I'm pretty sure that's the story everyone knows...Sofía and you are quite popular here" Miss. Montgomery said with a smile, trying to lighten the soon-to-be sad mode.

"Yeah, we both are pretty popular...my popularity gets me harassed and hers gets her free candy" I said rolling my eyes while Miss. Montgomery laughed.

I waited for her laugher to subside before asking her "Are you ready to, 'carry my secrets with me'?" I asked trying to not sound so somber.

Miss. Montgomery, sensing my hesitation, took my hand in hers and I felt a warm feeling expand though me. "Of course, is that what besties are for, isn't it?" she said with a smile.

------------------------

Hey guys! Let me know if you're liking the story so far!

Also, I know I was supposed to update on Tuesdays but I forgot what day I was living in, for real I thought that today was Tuesday. Anyways, here it is the update!

And f you liked this chapter, you would help me more than you might think by voting and sharing with friends! Also thanks to the people that comments, it's amazing to read your insights or jokes! Thank you for reading!