I sighed then walked back out to Gigi.

**Jason's P.O.V**

"She said 'some days I just wish things were normal' and then said it was just because she misses a few things that she can live without. I don't get it" I told Johnson then took a sip of my drink. Johnson sighed then crossed his arms as he leaned back against his chair.

"Now I'm going to say one thing and don't get mad, just let me say it" He said and tried not to roll my eyes. Oh great what is he going to say? "She has every right to feel that way sometimes. McCann, she grew up with a loving family, she had a lot back then. Just because it has been six years of her not being with her family and having everything she used to have, doesn't mean she will not miss it. Do not get mad at her. Do not get upset with her. Just let her feel this way." He ranted to me.

I just stared at him, not knowing what to say. He's always right. It can be annoying sometimes. But he's always got my back and Mackenzies back.

"I just know that if she wasn't happy, she wouldn't tell me" I said in a low tone and walked over to the window.

"Really? Did you forget she broke up with you for two months?" He asked and again, he is right.

"True" I said back then faced him. "I guess I just get nervous she will hate me for ruining her life-"

"Stop, McCann. You are her life. Do you not realize how much that girl loves you? Six years ago she ran away with you when she didn't have to, then five years ago, again she ran away with you. She had an option each time and she choose you every single time. Why are you still nervous about that? It's so many years and every day I still see a real smile on her face" he said and I felt a lot better.

I just get nervous sometimes. I love her so god damn much. Her happiness is what makes me happy.

"You know what you should do?" He asked me and I just looked at him confused. "You should take her to the house in New York. No one has used it in a long time. Just go for a weekend. That way it is a home that is familiar to her and it's the beginning of October which means all the leafs are falling over there and she can get to experience some fall weather again" he explained and I nodded.

"You're a smart man" I said as I started to smirk. He chuckled and nodded.

"I am" I laughed and sat down finally. I feel okay again.

"Let me call my crazy twin and make sure he isn't there" I joked as I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

"I haven't seen him in a long time. How is he?" Johnson asked me. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I don't ask" I told him and he laughed at me.

"You're terrible. How about your aunt? You haven't mentioned her either in a while" he asked as he crossed his arms.

"She's fine, I think. I don't know, Johnson. Again, I don't ask. Justin will sometimes send me random pictures of him and her. I just don't answer because I don't care" I told him and he shook his head.

"They are the only two people in your family that you have left. You need to cherish it. Stop being so stubborn. Give your aunt a call once and a while. Don't be a dick" he said to me and I said nothing back. I hate when he's right.

"Since when did you become such a sap" I joked with a smirk. "I remember you used to make fun of me when I first fell in love with Mackenzie. And we also never had talks about my family unless it was a 'much needed' talk right after you took me in or if Justin did something stupid" I said causing him to laugh.

"That was before I found my wife. She has shown me the better half of life" he told me and I nodded my head agreeing. "Listen, go take that trip, go see your family. If you want it to be a vacation for just you and Mack to get shit straight and reconnect your bond, I'll watch Drew" I smiled at him and nodded again.

"Thank you, man"

I really should listen to him. Plus next week is going to be eight and a half years of us being together.

**Mackenzies P.O.V**

"So do you want to go?" Jason asked me. I nodded and smiled.

He asked me if I wanted to go to the New York house for a long weekend. The last time we went was, I believe two years ago. It was the end of summer and we took Drew for a week before he started school. He got to play in the lake and it was a lot of fun.

But now this trip will be just Jason and I. We can also celebrate our anniversary. Well half anniversary if you want to call it. Eight and half years. Wow, I can't believe how fast life has passed by. This trip will be perfect.

"We'll leave Friday morning then be back by Sunday night" Jason told me and I nodded agreeing with it. He put his hand softly on my face and moved his thumb up and down rubbing my cheek. "I love you, Angel. I promise, this weekend with be absolutely amazing" he told me quietly.

"I know it will. I love you too" I said back then he leaned down and kissed me before pulling away and smiling at me.

You know even after five years, I still think about all the time I could have lost him forever. Since I met him, he's been in jail twice and almost locked up forever. You know until he escaped. Both times.

**Flashback**

Johnson has his hand on my shoulder making sure I don't stand up. It's really hard to control myself right now. I just want to cry my fucking eyes out. The judge is going on about how Jason is in here for life.

I can't even hug him goodbye. I can't even have one last kiss. I can't grab his hand and tell him I'll be alright.

Before I knew it, Jason's attorney and him stood up causing me to quickly stand up as I saw the guards walking over to grab him.

"Babe" I called for him as the guards got to him. He tried to look back at me, but they grabbed him tightly by the arms. "Jason! Please just let me talk to him" I begged them and two more guards started rushing over to me. "Jason!" I yelled his name again. At this point, tears are streaming down my face. They started to pull him away and he looked back at me with such sad eyes. He looks heartbroken and a little scared. The guard pulled him roughly and again I couldn't see his face. "No" I sobbed and I felt the guard start to pull me away. "Stop!" I yelled at him.

"Don't touch her" I heard Travis' voice then put his arm around my shoulder and walked me out of the courtroom. "Hey, just breath okay?" I heard him say. Once we got to the hallway, I leaned myself against the wall and sobbed into my hand. The most important thing in my life was just ripped away from me.

**End Of Flashback**

"Angel?" I heard Jason call out for me. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at him. He was taking off his chains and getting ready for bed. "I asked if you think Drew will be okay without us for two nights"

"I think he will be okay. He's tougher than we think. Plus he's got Mia to play with him" I said back and he nodded.

"Well he is a McCann" Jason said with a smirk causing me to laugh.

"Yes he is"

After The Run Away: Jason McCann: 3rd book to Dont Fall For The Criminalजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें