7

Kira sat on her bed with her eyes closed and her fist clenched tightly in fury

Kira sat on her bed with her eyes closed and her fist clenched tightly in fury. She couldn't even control her breathing as she was still trying to comprehend what had happened yesterday and make sense of it but like she expected, it made no sense and the situation made her feel restless.

Just how could he be my mate? How in the world is that even make any sense? She wondered to herself in surprise and just when she thought she'd get no answer, her wolf, Kiana, decided to chime into her thoughts.

"Kira don't get started on this and make all of this a big deal." Kiana scolded and Kira frowned.

"Don't you dare jump into my thoughts if you don't plan on actually helping me out here." She retorted in frustration.

"Well if you keep asking yourself questions concerning my mate and wondering why he is my mate, I will have no other choice than to reply you and calmly remind you that you don't get to decide who makes sense and who doesn't." Kiana replied, laying emphasis on 'MY'.

Although fourteen years has been quite a long time, Kira still couldn't forget what had happened and how Damien wanted to kill her even when he was only just a kid.

When she found out he had become the silvermoon pack Alpha, something in her had began to train even harder because she had always had this feeling that they might end up having to go head to head against each other and she had to be prepared for when that time came.

Besides their long term rivalry, Kira had heard the stories of how Damien had gone on a killing spree and how he murdered a good number of her pack members. As soon as he was able to shift, he started to show himself and news of how merciless he was spread far and wide, earning him more enemies than allies.

Kira has patiently waited for the day when she would have to face him again so she could show him just how different she was from the weak little girl he had stared at with stone cold and murderous eyes but now all of a sudden, she's finding out that he's the mate she had been secretly waiting for all this while and disappointed would be an understatement to describe how she felt right at this moment.

Just thinking of how Kiana had shouted out to his wolf made her stomach churn and her mouth bitter. She wondered what wrong she may have done in her previous life that pushed her to have someone's whose only aim towards her is to kill her, as her mate.

She just couldn't wrap her head around what could have been going to through the moon goddess's mind when she decided to make someone like him her mate. She just couldn't bring herself to accept that Damien was actually her mate and the mere thought of it irritated her.

She groaned in annoyance as the thought suddenly dawned on her once again. There was no way in hell she'd willing accept such a joke and she could confidently say that nothing about him was attractive and they both can never be an item of any kind.

"Kira!" Layla yelled suddenly, snapping Kira out of her reverie. She had been calling out her name for quite a while now but Kira seemed to be completely trapped in her thoughts.