6

"Kira dear, look at me

"Kira dear, look at me." Layla said to Kira, taking her hand in hers and pulling her towards her.

"Take a very deep breath and exhale. You are going to do just fine there, okay?" She assured a nervous Kira.

Marco, Layla and Kira were already standing outside the hall, getting ready to go in and Layla could practically hear her niece's heart beating at an unusual pace.

Kira could not deny or hide just how nervous she was. She had never been allowed outside her pack ever and she hasn't really had the opportunity to meet other wolves outside her pack members. She could only tell their scents and pack names due to the training she had received but aside from that, she had no real experience with outsiders.

She internally feared that wasn't like her father and she didn't know how to handle situations like this or how to be around other dominant looking Alphas.

Kira nodded her head slowly, whilst staring at her aunt. 

"I'll be beside you every step of the way so all you have to do is trust me and follow my lead and I promise you'll do just fine. Sounds good?" Layla assured, smiling at her.

"Now smile sweetie you look ten times prettier when you do." She tells her niece and Kira awkwardly did as told.

  She steps forward and walks into the hall with Marco and Layla following from behind and together they all walk in.

  All eyes turned to look at Kira, Layla and Marco as soon as they walked into the hall to Marco's arm around Kira's. They all wondered who she was at first and after hearing she was the representative of the Redmoon pack, they wondered why she was here and why exactly Frederick wasn't.

No one knew of Frederick's demise yet because the Redmoon pack had not let it out so as to protect themselves from their rivals and to also protect Kira.

Simon, the Alpha of the Bluemoon pack who also happened to be Frederick's old friend, walked towards them with a curious expression on his face.

"Layla, Marco..." He trailed off as he stared at the young lady standing with them in confusion.

"Simon!" Layla exclaimed excitedly at the sight of a long time acquaintance of hers.

"It's been a while dear Layla." He said to her with a smile on his face before quickly drifting his attention back to the young lady in front of him.

"May I ask who she is and also, where is Frederick?" He asked, his eyes not coming off Kira for one second. Kira felt uncomfortable under his gaze and felt the urge to punch him for staring at her like she was insignificant.

Layla smiled, "What a beautiful way of welcoming your guests Simon. This place really looks beautiful." Layla said, with her eyes roaming the beautiful hall.

She could tell the hall was beautifully redecorated but that was actually the least of her interest as she only tried diverting his attention slightly from Kira, who she could already tell did not like the way he had been staring at her.