2

Alpha Frederick dashed into the hut in which his wife had given birth with a beaming smile on his face

He could not contain the joy he felt in his heart as he laid his eyes on his  precious little daughter that was held on to by his wife, who wore a satisfied smile on her face. 

With careful steps, he moved closer to his child, eager and excited to finally hold his child in his arms. It had taken them over seven years of marriage to finally be able to bear a child of their own. Celia had unfortunately suffered several miscarriages and this time while she was pregnant with their little angel, they had taken a lot of preventive measures to make sure she delivered her child safely and soundly.

Frederick and Celia had fallen in love with each other the minute they found out they were fated to be mates at the age of Eighteen and Sixteen respectively. They had immediately become inseparable to the point where it actually hurts whenever they were away from each other. 

"Thanks be to the moon goddess for she has graced us with the presence of an angel like no other." he said with a grateful heart.

He leaned down and kissed the forehead of his wife before she handed over the baby carefully to him. He smiled widely as soon as she was placed in his arms with her little fingers wrapping itself around his index finger allowing a new and unfamiliar feeling of fulfilment overwhelm him.

Just then, Marcus, the wolf  who had informed Frederick of the Silvermoon pack invasion dashes in with a desperate look on his face. 

"Alpha, I've just been informed through a mind link that they are getting closer and it's getting harder for our men out there to actually hold them off. They came in battalions, Sir." Marcus informed Frederick.

Frederick sighs with a small smile tugging on his lips. He stared at his beautiful child one more time and his confidence skyrocketed when he realised just how much of a blessing she is to him and to the pack. 

"We will have victory over them today because today is the day my angel was born and not a single one of them shall leave my territory alive! They will regret ever messing with us." He grunts in a low and dangerous tone.

He places a small kiss on his daughter's forehead before handing her back to her mother. He smiled at his wife once again, giving her hands one last squeeze with both their eyes saying everything that needed to be said. He leaves the hut in a hurry to fight against the daring Silvermoon pack who had gone too far by evading his territory. 

Celia grunts in pain once Frederick was out of sight. She had felt immense pain below her stomach but had to pretend all was well because she didn't want Frederick to get all worried about her and ignore the war at hand. 

"Luna, are you okay?" Marlene asked, noticing the beads of sweats that formed on her forehead and the quiet whimpers.

Before Frederick had come in, Celia had made Marlene act as if everything was okay so as not to make him more worried in the state they were in.