3

The Silvermoon academy was established by the fourth Alpha of the pack to enlighten the young ones better about their pack history and to also help train them to become stronger and more strategic

The Silvermoon academy was established by the fourth Alpha of the pack to enlighten the young ones better about their pack history and to also help train them to become stronger and more strategic. The academy was founded to also minimise the interactions between the werewolves and humans so as to avoid their existence from being exposed to humans and also to avoid putting their kind in danger. 

A seven year old Damien sat opposite his teacher with curious eyes, paying attention to each word that escaped his lips. He had a thousand and one questions to ask but each time a question popped up in his mind, his teacher, Darius, seemed to already know what he had to say before he even got a chance to speak, and to his surprise, all of his pending questions got replied to without him having to ask.  

"I'm aware that you are curious as to why we always tell you to run whenever you come across any member of the Redmoon and why any sort of interaction is forbidden between the two packs and now, I believe, you are old enough to understand what I'm about to explain to you." Darius said and Damien beamed with excitement as he had always wanted to know what really went wrong. 

"For the last ten decades, the Redmoon pack and the Silvermoon pack have been at war with one another." He started. 

"It all started with Alpha Lionel, a good and kind man who was known to be a lover of peace and prosperity. He had travelled to the Redmoon pack with good intentions in his heart. He decided that it would be best to make peace with the Redmoon pack and for both packs to form an alliance that would benefit both packs economically and also help  us to defend ourselves against our enemies but unfortunately, the Alpha of the Redmoon pack saw Alpha Lionel's sincerity as an opportunity and he selfishly and brutally killed him." He explained to the young lads. 

Damien's eyes widened at the last words he had just heard, his young mind could not believe it. He wondered why they had gone that far and why they didn't appreciate the call for peace to reign. His young mind could not comprehend the reason for such a drastic action. 

"The Redmoon pack is a sworn enemy of ours and they are merciless people. They do not like peace and they don't advocate for unity. They'd rather have years of war and unrest than settle for actual peace." He adds, laying emphasis on every of his word and knowingly building a feeling of fear and hate in the heart of young Damien.

*************

"Remember what I always tell you Damien, your actual strength lies in your ability to utilise it. If a person doesn't understand the depth of their strength and how greatly it can be used, then they are as good as dead in the real world. Do you understand?" Darius asked. 

"Yes sir" Damien replied firmly.

Damien's eyes watched his uncle carefully as he prepared to attack. He knew his seven year old self could do little to no harm to him but he'd still be willing to try as he didn't wish to be considered as incompetent.