His long eyelashes drifted across his cheeks as he looked down at the gift, a smile rising across his face as he met her eyes again. Talia beamed at him, showing him the matching necklace she had too, the long chain allowing it to be tucked under clothing during missions.

"I thought it could be sort of like our own lucky charm," Talia smiled shyly, linking her hands in front of her and swinging them side to side.

Alec lifted the necklace and placed it over his own head, examining the engravings with soft eyes, "This is really thoughtful, thank you Talia, I think this is probably the best gift I've ever had, one of the only in fact."

She smiled, watching as he enveloped in his arms and placed his head on top of hers. After he had bought her the first gift she had ever received in the form of her love, cake, she wanted to find something special for him in return.

And much to her correct deductions, he was very much a sentimentalist.

Alec moved his hands to cup her face and kissed her sweetly, capturing her in an embrace that she quickly melted into. Her lips parted as he kissed her deeper, sweeping his tongue across her lips. Talia shivered as a hot fever flushed through her.

Her head spun as his fingers travelled to her hair and the feel of him overwhelmed her senses. There was something about him that made her feel alive, like she could take on the world in a moment, but when she was with him like this, she couldn't find a moment to think.

She was just mesmerised by him.

They slowly pulled apart, resting their foreheads against one another as shy smiles were exchanged. Talia looked up at him with half-lidded eyes.

"So I'm taking it you liked the present."

Alec rolled his eyes, a grin settling on his face as his voice was low, "Of course I did, it's from you."

He leaned back and stood up straight, running a hand through his hair but still smiling down at her, "I've got to go somewhere real quick, are you going to be okay on your own?"

Talia blinked and looked at him incredulously, "You've just made-out with me and now you're asking if I'll be okay on my own? I mean, I'll find something to do but I may send you clingy messages."

He chuckled, his dark hair swinging slightly across his forehead. Alec reached down and squeezed her hand before moving towards the exit, "I'll be back soon okay, don't do anything Jace would do."

Talia saluted, "It is unlikely but I thank you for your warning! Be safe."

Alec nodded, granting her a last smile before his face disappeared from view.

Talia sighed, the moment of sadness from everyone leaving quickly being overwhelmed with an explosive ringing in her ears. Her mouth parted in surprise as she keeled over, her hands lifting to her ears to try and block out the sound. A ringing that sounded like screaming.

But just as soon as it came, it left.

She gasped at the shock, spinning around to see if anyone around her was in the same position. But from what she saw of the scattered Shadowhunters, no one was effected but her.

Her eyebrows knitted in confusion. How could she be the only one to react to that sound? Surely they couldn't have missed it?

"Talia!"

She spun around to see Rhianne approaching her. A light smile on her face before she took in Talia's wary stance, "You okay?"

"Yeah I think," She blew out a breath as she placed her hands on her hips, "Just, did you hear that? The noise a few moments ago?"